ttvreps

Reputable
Jan 8, 2019
hello

i just bought a new msi 3080 gaming x trio and i am having issues with the display port. when i boot my pc it dose not boot to my main monitor odyssey g7 (display port) it boots on my 2nd monitor a cheaper 27 1080 monitor (hdmi) so the 1st ting i did was update my gpu drivers and that did not change my issue so then i change the DP and change the ports i was going out and in to still nothing next i updated my bios and still nothing.
my specs are .

MOBO: gigabyte b450m ds3h
CPU:ryzen 7 3800x
GPU: msi 3080 gaming x trio
PSU: EVGA 650
RAM; 16gb ddr4 3200

i did also upgrade my mobo and psu and ram but have not come in yet will come in this week.
NEW Mobo MSI mag b550 tomahawk
NEW Psu corsair rm850x
NEW Ram 32gb ddr4 4000 gskill trident z

Do you guys think the problem is my mobo (being a lil lacking/older) or psu (not being big enough)
or is it something els that i could fix before all of my other things show up so i can game now???

hello

i just bought a new msi 3080 gaming x trio and i am having issues with the display port. when i boot my pc it dose not boot to my main monitor odyssey g7 (display port) it boots on my 2nd monitor a cheaper 27 1080 monitor (hdmi) so the 1st ting i did was update my gpu drivers and that did not change my issue so then i change the DP and change the ports i was going out and in to still nothing next i updated my bios and still nothing.
my specs are .

MOBO: gigabyte b450m ds3h
CPU:ryzen 7 3800x
GPU: msi 3080 gaming x trio
PSU: EVGA 650
RAM; 16gb ddr4 3200

i did also upgrade my mobo and psu and ram but have not come in yet will come in this week.
NEW Mobo MSI mag b550 tomahawk
NEW Psu corsair rm850x
NEW Ram 32gb ddr4 4000 gskill trident z

Do you guys think the problem is my mobo (being a lil lacking/older) or psu (not being big enough)
or is it something els that i could fix before all of my other things show up so i can game now???

Are you using any sort of adapter for DP?

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2022
On the windows screen config you can change your main monitor. It appears a checkbox when you have 2 or more monitors to determinate wich one is the main one. The one that you choose, will be the one it will boot from.

ttvreps

Reputable
Jan 8, 2019
On the windows screen config you can change your main monitor. It appears a checkbox when you have 2 or more monitors to determinate wich one is the main one. The one that you choose, will be the one it will boot from.
I understand that, but when I plug-in the G7 with the DP cable it goes on and off connecting and disconnecting, but never shows a screen. I can hear it through my headset, connecting and disconnecting it’s reading it as a monitor I can see it in my Nvidia profiles, but I’m not getting any display coming through:

Nov 18, 2022
If you have another spare cable, try that one. I had some issues with DP cables making wierd things like you say once.

Did you try to disconnect the HDMI display to see if the DP monitor alone lits up correctly?