Question Black Screen with Sound Loop

Aug 20, 2020
So, this is my first time posing a question on forums such as this so I apologize in advance for the lack of information, if ever.

I have a Toshiba Satellite C660 Notebook which I have been using for years. I think it's the 7th year this 2020. Everything's been going fine up until this month of August.

Now, this has been going on for a while now, and I am inexperienced at the same time, so I don't really have any information what might have triggered this problem. My computer suddenly goes into a black screen with a loop of the last sound it made, then it either shuts down by itself or not.

I have a NVIDIA GeForce 315M, if that's useful.

I also run on Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit.

I have games but I don't really play much so this still occurs even when I'm just browsing on the internet.

When I turn on my computer after the problem occurred, it also states that the "unexpected shut down" was due to a blue screen. I don't know how to find error logs but there was one time that it went into a BLUE SCREEN rather than a black screen. On that, it was stated that it was due to a KERNEL_POWER_ERROR.

This problem really has been bugging me, especially because online classes are about to start so I really need to fix this, so I am asking for your help please.

Last edited: