Guardianc17

Prominent
Nov 21, 2019
Hello everyone! I've been having a black screen boot problem. I just finished building my first PC
Ryzen 5 3600
b450 tomahawk MAX
corsair 16 gb ram 3000 mhz
EVGA 1660ti (using hdmi cable)
samsung nvme m.2 500 gb
windows 10, but not activated yet
ASUS PCE-AC55BT wireless adapter
EVGA 650 watt 80+gold
LG 24GL600F-B 23.6" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor

I'll leave my PC on during the day and I'll usually turn it off at night. However, the following morning sometimes it will boot straight to the windows lock screen and other times it will quickly show the msi arsenal logo and then the screen will go black. I'll end up pushing the reset button and it'll boot into the windows lock screen.

I've only noticed this problem when I turn it off and leave it off for a while. I've shut it down, waited about 15 minutes and turn it back on and no problems. When I do get the black screen, I don't see any red lights turn on my motherboard, but my gpu fans will be spinning, which usually doesn't happen.

I've also noticed that when my PC is asleep it won't register any of my clicks from my mouse or keyboard, but the power button will be flashing slowly. I'll click the power button and it'll boot up a couple seconds slower, but I won't get a black screen.

This started happening the day after I set up my PC. Windows, Intel drivers, GPU drivers are all up to date. I also downloaded the system and chipset drivers for my motherboard and ran the program, so I think those are updated as well? Do I need to enter the MB bios separately to update the chipset driver?
I have not updated BIOS separately because I've heard that if my PC boots up then I should be fine. However, now that I'm having this problem I don't know if it's the BIOS or something else.

Thank you for taking your time for reading this. Any help/advice will be greatly appreciated. I tried to be as descriptive as possible. I also checked the hdmi cable and it doesn't seem to be loose.