Question Black Screen

Apr 27, 2020
2 weeks ago my motherboard blew a fuse and went bright red and burnt.
I replaced my motherboard later on, but my screen wouldn’t detect my pc. So I dismantled my pc fully, went through the steps and tried using the IGPU instead if the old GPU I had, and still nothing the screen wouldn’t turn on even with the integrated graphics. I deduced that the Graphics card died with it and got a new one. Once I put in the new GPU my screen still won’t detect my pc. I’ve tried reseating all the components, reseting the BIOS with the CMOS battery, using a different screen, using the same screen I use, on a different computer, all to no avail.

Here are my specs:
Kolink core atx kl-c600 power supply,
GeForce PNY GTX 1660 super gpu,
G.Skill value series 8gb ram,
Amd Fx-4130 3.8 GHz Quad core cpu,
ASRock 760 GM-HDV Micro ATX AM3+/AM3 motherboard,
Seagate barracuda 7200.10 500Gb harddrive,
Windows 10 operating system.

Apr 27, 2020
The reason why your motherboard blew a fuse might be because of that horrible power supply and it might be why your new board and GPU doesn't work.

I would replace that PSU with a good quality PSU and burn this one.

I’ll try and get a new psu and come back with an update then, thanks for responding

I do wonder though, because the psu fan still works and everything on that end seems fine, are you recommending a new psu because kolink core is just a bad brand?

You had a motherboard component blowing up. You changed the board. Integrated graphics can't work with your CPU since it doesn't have any. Another GPU didn't work either.

Unless you have a dead CPU, RAM the cause is most likely the PSU.

Don't forget that when something blow up in a system it can die and bring other parts with it. In this case I think your PSU is so bad that it damaged your first board maybe damaging other parts with it.

Replacing the PSU will not only be good for you to have a good quality PSU but it can solve the issue if the issue was caused by the PSU. You have to test to know. Especially after something blew up.

Apr 27, 2020
You had a motherboard component blowing up. You changed the board. Integrated graphics can't work with your CPU since it doesn't have any. Another GPU didn't work either.

Don't forget that when something blow up in a system it can die and bring other parts with it. In this case I think your PSU is so bad that it damaged your first board maybe damaging other parts with it.

Replacing the PSU will not only be good for you to have a good quality PSU but it can solve the issue if the issue was caused by the PSU. You have to test to know. Especially after something blew up.

Hey! So I should soon get my order for a new psu, I do want to understand what ended up going wrong, here’s a pic of the now dead motherboard, and a glorious black hole in it. The hole in question is between the botom and 2nd of the “1R2” blocks, that I have no idea what are for. Don’t mind the dust, my place gathers dust fast. I do however clean my pc often so I don’t think thats what made it go poof.
I’d appreciate any insight on what USB 3.0 means, and the mysterious “1R2 Blocks”.
Thank you again for everything, and as soon as my psu comes in in the coming days, I’ll update on if the pc runs or not.
I also tested the ram on another pc and it works fine, but couldn’t get a compatible pc for the cpu. Hopefully it didn’t die as well.

Apr 27, 2020

Changed the psu, cpu’s died also, otherwise the rest seems fine, should work as soon as I get the cpu.

Apr 27, 2020

Finaly got all the new parts, screen still won’t turn on. I have no idea what the reason could be at this point...
New specs:
RM 550x Corsair psu
Amd fx-6300 cpu
GeForce gtx PNY 1660
G.Skill value series 8gb ram
ASRock 760 GM-HDV Micro ATX AM3+/AM3.