[SOLVED] Black screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2020
Hi
I just build my first pc.After completing the pc i was able to enter the bios menu but after few minutes the display went blank.I checked my co nections again and tried installing windows.I was able to install windows but during installation the same thing happened.I tried with a different display but same thing haopened.Also after booting first the cpu de ug light will light up for few seconds but after that the vga debig light will light up.Please help.I personally think the graphics card is at fault because the fans were behaving erratically.
My config is
ASUS B450 M PRO M2 MAX
RYZEN 5 1600
CORSAIR VENGENCE LPX DDR4 3000MHZ RAM
POWERCOLOUR RX 570 4GB GRAPHICS CARD
240GB HDD
COOLER MASTER 450 WATT PSU

Jun 9, 2020
Hi
I just build my first pc.After completing the pc i was able to enter the bios menu but after few minutes the display went blank.I checked my co nections again and tried installing windows.I was able to install windows but during installation the same thing happened.I tried with a different display but same thing happened.Also after booting first the cpu debug light will light up for few seconds but after that the vga debug light will light up.Please help.I personally think the graphics card is at fault because the fans were behaving erratically.
My config is
ASUS B450 M PRO M2 MAX
RYZEN 5 1600
CORSAIR VENGENCE LPX DDR4 3000MHZ RAM
POWERCOLOUR RX 570 4GB GRAPHICS CARD
240GB HDD
COOLER MASTER 450 WATT PSU

Cameron231099

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2014
Check cable connections, remove any junk that might be causing issues like cable type converters (HDMI to DVI-I or whatever), ensure your pc temps are fine etc etc.

It's not a display issue though, since you already stated you tested with multiple displays, plus you mentioned there was a VGA error code and a CPU error code.

As other people have stated, check the PSU if it's possible andlook up the error codes you mentioned.

Edit: Was originally posted in Display sub-forum.

Jun 9, 2020
Check cable connections, remove any junk that might be causing issues like cable type converters (HDMI to DVI-I or whatever), ensure your pc temps are fine etc etc.

It's not a display issue though, since you already stated you tested with multiple displays, plus you mentioned there was a VGA error code and a CPU error code.

As other people have stated, check the PSU if it's possible andlook up the error codes you mentioned.

Edit: Was originally posted in Display sub-forum.
I checked connections multiple times,I was able to enter the bios menu intially.I even installed windows in it and it went smoothly upto the point where we have to choose region and other stuff.After that the display would go blank.I checked for bent pins but there were not any.The only weird thing i could see was that the gpu fans spinned for a few seconds and after that they would stop.please help

Status
Not open for further replies.