[SOLVED] Black screen

Sep 10, 2021
While tinkering with the following setting in the BIOS: TPM, CSM support and Secure boot I was prompted with a question when I enabled secure boot using standard mode. I did not read and I clicked yes. I do not think it asked me if I want to destroy my computer.
Anyways, the computer stopped, and upon turning it on, there is just a Black Screen on my monitor.
What I did, I shorted the CLR-CMOS pins and I took the battery out and put it back(power supply cable was out). I also tried swapping parts, taking some out, etc.
My motherboard is B450 GAMING X. I do not think that those setting could destroy my BIOS chip. Also, I flashed the BIOS from F50 to F61 a few days and my computer didn't turn off during it.
Is my motherboard dead? If it is, I still have warranty on it and I would like to know if I can get it swapped.

Solution
While tinkering with the following setting in the BIOS: TPM, CSM support and Secure boot I was prompted with a question when I enabled secure boot using standard mode. I did not read and I clicked yes. I do not think it asked me if I want to destroy my computer.
Anyways, the computer stopped, and upon turning it on, there is just a Black Screen on my monitor.
What I did, I shorted the CLR-CMOS pins and I took the battery out and put it back(power supply cable was out). I also tried swapping parts, taking some out, etc.
My motherboard is B450 GAMING X. I do not think that those setting could destroy my BIOS chip. Also, I flashed the BIOS from F50 to F61 a few days and my computer didn't turn off during it.
Is my motherboard dead? If...
Jun 29, 2021
i bricked the EXACT same gigabyte motherboard on my AMD system when i wanted to enable secure boot 8 months ago!

send it for warranty. i've tried everything imaginable. only way to get screen is to use a CPU with iGPU. dont bother with that. its gigabyte's fault

your mobo is pretty much bricked for your occasion. get it swapped. if they deny, elevate the issue. if necessary, we can come together and form a band. there's easily a 50-60 people here in this forum alone that bricked their mobo while enabling secure boot.

i had money to spare, so i didnt bother with gigabyte. i will never use a gigabyte product ever again.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Is my motherboard dead? If it is, I still have warranty on it and I would like to know if I can get it swapped.
Are you running (pre-release) Win 11 and/or have Valorant installed?

I enabled Secure Boot on my Win 11 (B550) and two Win 10 rigs (both with X570). Nothing unusual at all.

Steps to enable (all Gigabyte mobos) Secure Boot. Make sure fTPM is enabled. Make sure CSM is disabled. In Secure Boot, select custom under Secure Boot Mode, Select Restore Factory Keys, Say YES to reset without saving.

When BIOS restarts, access BIOS and change Secure Boot Mode back to Standard and then Yes to restart without save.

With Valorant (if you have it installed), I saw the black screen issue many have reported. My Win 11 beta rig is attached to two displays. While the primary was definitely blank, my secondary screen was functioning. After logging in, I simply uninstalled the game. Upon restart, all returned to normal.

While this may not solve the issue, it may help others.

Solution