Question Black Screen

Jul 26, 2022
So I have a Gigabyte GA-H77M-D3H motherboard. My computer will boot bios but any keyboard or mouse plugged into it doesn’t work so when I need to accessing bios I can’t. That also being said once it’s done showing the bios screen it goes straight to a black screen. I’ve taken out my cmos batter and put it back in to see if that’s the problem. I’ve restarted my computer. I’ve taken ram sticks and put them in and out. Even tried a different graphics card. I’m hard stuck on what I should do because my pc was working perfectly fine the other day.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Full system specs, including PSU make and model (or part number) is? Also, how old the PSU is, and was the PSU bought new or used/refurbished?

My computer will boot bios but any keyboard or mouse plugged into it doesn’t work so when I need to accessing bios I can’t.

Spend few bucks to buy any PS/2 port KB,
e.g this one, amazon: https://www.amazon.com/HP-Standard-104-key-Keyboard/dp/B004XBLDZS/

Once you have your PS/2 KB, plug it into the appropriate (round) port in your MoBo. <- This will let you to get into BIOS and navigate in there as well.

For this reason, i still keep my PS/2 KB around, since quite often, USB KB/mice doesn't work in BIOS, but PS/2 KB will.

TRENDING THREADS