Question Black screening after 30 seconds

zeke1904

Commendable
Feb 11, 2019
So my pc boots the first time of the day and I have image for about 30 seconds then it goes black , every reset after that it just has no image input at all , the graphics card lights up so it’s getting power but when using the onboard graphics it works fine and so does the whole pc , I’m not sure if the card is broken or another issue , the card is a evga1080 which had the notorious problem of blowing the vram and was fixed by evga , since then only issue I had was a couple game crashes with the error message “run out of virtual memory”

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

If you're on Windows 10, include the version for the OS. Include the age of the PSU apart from the make and model of the unit.

As for the GPU you have, did you get the replacement thermal pad/kit? I didn't need it for my GTX1060FTW, after a long arduous conversation with EVGA,, they figured out that the card I owned didn't need it.

zeke1904

Commendable
Feb 11, 2019
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

If you're on Windows 10, include the version for the OS. Include the age of the PSU apart from the make and model of the unit.

As for the GPU you have, did you get the replacement thermal pad/kit? I didn't need it for my GTX1060FTW, after a long arduous conversation with EVGA,, they figured out that the card I owned didn't need it.

apologies, as much as I know is it’s a asus prime z270-p , i57600k and evga gtx 1080 ftw . I sent the card to them after it blew up and they just sent it back repaired is all I know