[SOLVED] Black screens and fans maxed out

Mar 5, 2019
At random times, only when idle for about 10-20 minutes with minor programs running, my computer will black screen and the GPU fans will start up and spin at 100% it sounds like. Basically the monitors lose signal, and there's no way to turn off the computer besides unplugging it or switching it off from the power supply.
The temps are very low around when this happens, i.e. 55C.
I did see a solution of just unplugging the GPU and cleaning the connectors, but I'm curious as to why it would randomly start doing this without messing with the GPU in the first place

Thank you for any help!

Solution
At random times, only when idle for about 10-20 minutes with minor programs running, my computer will black screen and the GPU fans will start up and spin at 100% it sounds like. Basically the monitors lose signal, and there's no way to turn off the computer besides unplugging it or switching it off from the power supply.
I did see a solution of just unplugging the GPU and cleaning the connectors, but I'm curious as to why it would randomly start doing this without messing with the GPU in the first place

Thank you for any help!
.... 55c IS NOT low at all for minor tasks. My pc has a fx 8350 Black Edition, Known to be a BEAST in temp control. In minor tasking it's at 15c...

Thank you for any help!
.... 55c IS NOT low at all for minor tasks. My pc has a fx 8350 Black Edition, Known to be a BEAST in temp control. In minor tasking it's at 15c and a MAJOR task it's at 51c max. Most cpu's shouldnt get hotter then 72c. This being said the cpu could be dying if you ran games and they were hitting temps higher than that...
That also being said, if that isn't the case a ram stick may be on "it's" last limb. Or if you just messed with the ram I.E. pulled it well cleaning the pc or what have you it may not have been reseated improberly and isn't reading correctly

Solution