Black Spots on Screen, Any Way to Fix?

damiengajda

Commendable
Mar 15, 2017
Hi,

My wife has used a cleaning product to clean 2 of our LCD screens and now one of them has a big black spot on it.

I gave her my LCD screen and took hers, after about 10 minutes of her using mine that also started to develop a black spot so now both monitors have it.

I have 2 questions, 1 is whether or not there is anything i can do to fix this? or is it just that i need to buy 2 new ones?

The other question is whether or not it was the cleaning product (anti-bacterial wipe) that has done this, or if it is happening because of something to do with my wife's PC (i don't want to buy 2 new ones and the same thing happen to those, seeing as my screen only did it when connected to her PC)

36ldS2lv_o.jpg

Thanks!

Solution
Highly unlikely the PC caused it. Maybe your wife tried to clean that screen, or otherwise it looks like something caused by dropping or pressing on a screen in a spot.

damiengajda

Commendable
Mar 15, 2017

It wasn't dripping wet, just an anti-bacterial wipe so damp i'd say, im fairly certain that's what did it though but i want to make sure first before buying and connecting a new screen

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Hold up here. If you now plug your screen back into your PC it works fine?

Because black splotches often are signs of GPU failure.

damiengajda

Commendable
Mar 15, 2017

No :/ as soon as i swapped them the black spot was still there on my PC.

I was wondering if maybe my wife's PC caused the spot to appear, then it was permanent regardless of which PC its connected to, if that makes sense.

Feb 28, 2018
Man it's not the positive response to your answer.... Just for information I feel that its happening because of the cleanser.. Am 95%...cuz it's just happened to mine pc.... If you get the way to fix this just plzz tell me