Question Black Tough Matte/Gloss Tape for Static Protection?

rustedmetal

Reputable
Sep 30, 2018
I noticed this tape covering a good amount of components in the motherboard. The thing is that i'm finishing up this old laptop restoration but the the original aforementioned tape definitely needs to be replaced. The laptop was disgusting full of tiny dead bugs and it's also stuck to the sticky side of the tape making it look like a scene from a Hellraiser movie. What tape is this, the sticky side is glossy while the other site is matte and the whole thing is very thick and hard. The bottom side of the motherboard has even more tape.
TWry4Fp.jpg

EN3qehE.jpg

rustedmetal

Reputable
Sep 30, 2018
Read this:
https://superuser.com/questions/1357115/the-tape-that-connect-laptop-fan-and-heatsink

I've never hard to remove the tape you speak of or if I did, I made sure to rub the dirt off with rubbing alcohol. If bugs were present I'd take a pair of tweezers and remove the bugs with patience.
Trust me, i've tried but this this was some nasty motherboard where most of the tape was contaminated by it and it was impossible to remove. I should have taken a picture of the most affected pieces of the tape.

TRENDING THREADS