Black vs. White - RGB Keyboards

TrevinK

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
My old Logitech G110 hasbeen braking down lately(there, you can already see how hard it is for me to typeeven after a deep cleaing and full rebuild), so I'm currently in the market for a new keyboard. i decided immediately i wanted to go mechanical, as I've tried some out at Best Buy and whatnot and I LOOOOOVE the tactile loud clickyness. <3<3<3

So i started browsing, and soon foundd out that this is more expensive than I expected. I really wanted RGB backlighting, as that is something that has always been lacking in the G110 that drove me crazy. I know it's not the greatest, but it still bugged me since I was something like 10. I kept searching and searching and searching and searching and searching and searching and searching until I stumbled across a video review of something called the E-Elemenet RGB keyboard. Looked great, $120 MSRP down to 80 bucks on Massdrop. I read/watched every scrap of anything I could find about the thing. One person disliked the font, but I love the way it looks. The same person said the OTM switches were not quite as good as Cherry MX swithces, but also said that it's not noticable if you are new to mechanical keyboards, which I obviously am. To be honest, I also much preferred the sound of the OTM switches to the cherry mx ones in soundtests. Basically, I learned about every single detail of this keyboard, and love it all. Not to be dramatic, but it's almsot as if the keyboard gods have created a keyboard that is exactly what I've been looking for. Even reactive backlighting <3

Aaaanyway, I'm rambling. TLDR, right? Sigh....

I'm now stuck on the color. I originally figured I'd just go with white/brushed metal because of the way the backlights reflect off everything. However, I started having second thoughts. I dropped a comment on Oliver Leopold's review video, he responded saying the black looks awesome and also has the same sort of backlight effect.

So I'm stuck. The massdrop ends in less than a week, and I have no idea what color to go with.

Anyone have any experience with these keyboards? What would look better, what color would have cooler looking backlighting?

Sincerely, a confused person with a messed up G110.

TrevinK

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
If you didn't read, why are you even posting? I never mentioned anywhere that I need suggestions on the model, I'm looking for people who own the keyboard to let me know the difference in the backlighting between the colors, what they're like in person... Thanks. Not.