Black/White Graphics Card

tdaniels903

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014
I'm building a Black/White theme and currently looking for my next GPU. Only thing I've seen close to Black/White is this one. Anyone know of any other Black/White GPU's available?

Solution
@ tdanelis903
obviously since your are searching for a particular color themed card, you care what your system looks like and more than likely care of the quality.
any GPU looks better with a nice backplate, especially when it is color coordinated to match your existing theme.

and out of the passed 15+ years, i've had roughly 12 nice PCI/AGP/PCIe graphics cards. cheaper ones without and nicer ones with a backplate. i can tell you that any decently sized/weighted card conforms to the weight of the heatsinks, shrouds, etc by bending over time. if your motherboard does not have any built-in lip to stabilize the card it is better physically and aesthetically with a backplate that offers the built-in support.

I'm not sure a backplate is worth $50 and I'm not sure it will ever matter if it has lower CFM, as it never goes to high RPM's anyway, as it is a cool card as is. No doubt the Quicksilver is the premium version, but you likely won't notice a difference in performance.

$409 = Quicksilver, $380 = Armor. that is not a $50 difference. $29 is definitely worth getting a "premium" card vs a slimmed-down version.

@ tdanelis903
obviously since your are searching for a particular color themed card, you care what your system looks like and more than likely care of the quality.
any GPU looks better with a nice backplate, especially when it is color coordinated to match your existing theme.

and out of the passed 15+ years, i've had roughly 12 nice PCI/AGP/PCIe graphics cards. cheaper ones without and nicer ones with a backplate. i can tell you that any decently sized/weighted card conforms to the weight of the heatsinks, shrouds, etc by bending over time. if your motherboard does not have any built-in lip to stabilize the card it is better physically and aesthetically with a backplate that offers the built-in support.

Solution

tdaniels903

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014

Thanks for your input. I usually go for cards with a backplate, but the Armor caught my eye. I'll definitely look more into the Quicksilver and HOF or just wait till 1080TI eventually drops and see what colors they release with that.