black & white printing almost always includes blue

I have two printers, HP deskjet 880C and Canon i950. When I print graphics on
the 880C parts of it are almost always bluish. When I try to print black and
white photos on the i950 they always come out bluish grey, not pure black and
white. What can I do to print just black and white?

Did you select 'grayscale' as the desired output?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"jp3000" <jp3000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have two printers, HP deskjet 880C and Canon i950. When I print graphics
>on
> the 880C parts of it are almost always bluish. When I try to print black
> and
> white photos on the i950 they always come out bluish grey, not pure black
> and
> white. What can I do to print just black and white?

Have you tried replacing black ink? Sounds like printer is using colour ink
to create the black instead of the black ink itself

"jp3000" wrote:

> I have two printers, HP deskjet 880C and Canon i950. When I print graphics on
> the 880C parts of it are almost always bluish. When I try to print black and
> white photos on the i950 they always come out bluish grey, not pure black and
> white. What can I do to print just black and white?

Yes - I tried selecting 'grayscale.' Doesn't help - - - - -

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Did you select 'grayscale' as the desired output?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>

> "jp3000" <jp3000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have two printers, HP deskjet 880C and Canon i950. When I print graphics
> >on
> > the 880C parts of it are almost always bluish. When I try to print black
> > and
> > white photos on the i950 they always come out bluish grey, not pure black
> > and
> > white. What can I do to print just black and white?

Yes - the black inks in both printers has been changed at least once - didn't
help - - -