[SOLVED] Black/White screen issue on Call of Duty

Nov 10, 2020
Hi,

I'm really hoping someone can help me with this. When playing call of duty the screen will randomly turn black and white and won't change until I respawn. This has been happening almost every single game since I recently installed 2 new sticks of 8GB RAM (I had 16GB previously - 2 sticks of 8GB exact same RAM). Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can fix it. Please see the video attached.

Full system specs please.
You said you upgraded your RAM. Try without the new RAM and see if the problem remains. If it doesn't, then the new RAM although exact same, have compatibility issues. That's why it's suggested that you buy kits sold together and not seperate ones.
If it does remain and only happens in MW, then I would say it's game's fault. You can try reinstalling it. I know, I know, it's like 100GB...

Nov 10, 2020
Full system specs please.
You said you upgraded your RAM. Try without the new RAM and see if the problem remains. If it doesn't, then the new RAM although exact same, have compatibility issues. That's why it's suggested that you buy kits sold together and not seperate ones.
If it does remain and only happens in MW, then I would say it's game's fault. You can try reinstalling it. I know, I know, it's like 100GB...

Hi,

I did try removing the new RAM and still got the same issue. I may have to try completely re-installing and see if I have the same issues.

My specs are below:

Intel 17-9700K CPU
Z390-A-PRO Motherboard
32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Pro RAM
GeForce RTX 2070 GPU
2TB HDD
500GB SSD

Cheers,

Reactions: dotas1