BlackBerry Acquisition Makes Sense to Lenovo CEO

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
If blackberry really wants to get the most $'s and cash out, it would be in their interest to attempt to have Google purchase them, as Apple would pay 3-4 times the company's value just to keep Google from getting more patent defense.

f-14

Distinguished
if apple had leadership with brains they would have bought RIM a long time ago just for the RDram patents.
right now i hope RIM gets bought out or has to sell the patents to RDram to some chip maker like samsung. google should grab the rest, work some kind of deal out with samsung for respective interested properties

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
[citation][nom]f-14[/nom]if apple had leadership with brains they would have bought RIM a long time ago just for the RDram patents. right now i hope RIM gets bought out or has to sell the patents to RDram to some chip maker like samsung. google should grab the rest, work some kind of deal out with samsung for respective interested properties[/citation]
Sorry, what's this "RIM" you keep talking about. You mean BlackBerry - God if you're going to comment and make yourself out to be knowledgeable, at least get the company name right.

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
[citation][nom]redeemer[/nom]Blackberry could make more cash chopping up and selling all those patents in their portfolio![/citation]

Maybe they should merge with RAMBUS so they can get an army of lawyers on their side, and start going after companies that inappropriately use their patents. They could just drop the phones completely. RAMBUS would love to own those technologies, and Blackberry would love to have their competency in patent enforcement on their side. Together, I feel like this company could have Apple and Samsung in court all the time, and this time not against each other!

I would certainly buy the stock, and wait for the lawsuits to begin. Such fun.

acadia11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
I told you folks long ago buy RIM, it's a win win situation , they struggle they'll get bought too many patents and hardware to just let fall by waste side , price goes up, if BB10 succeeded , you still win cause price goes up, after playing with a BB10 a couple of months before the launch I said, it's a wrap, RIM is back in business, cause it was a beauty. Nobody listened!

Status
Not open for further replies.