BlackBerry CEO Disappointed by Late U.S. BB Z10 Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarioJP

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2007
This article made my day. Rare that you see companies are in it for the people. I also not impressed with Android. It is fugly

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
[citation][nom]MarioJP[/nom]This article made my day. Rare that you see companies are in it for the people. I also not impressed with Android. It is fugly[/citation]

Companies are always in it for people, their stockholders.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Bah, was hoping the BB CEO sent the memo via iPhone. lol. Besides that the BB 10 will be slow to adopt since it requires enterprises to upgrade the BES server. Currently for my company it is not cost effective to do so unless free upgrade which I will be shocked if the BES upgrade is not offered at a significantly reduced price or indeed free.

MarioJP

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2007
[citation][nom]ta152h[/nom]Companies are always in it for people, their stockholders.[/citation]

Just the way he said it as a CEO.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
Or they could have released a non carrier branded model and sold it directly to the consumer, or to smaller cell providers. I live in Alaska, and one of our cell providers was the first company to launch the Galaxy S2 in the united states. How you ask, because they sold the unlocked international version.

Its not "testing" that has to be done on the big carrier phones, its ensuring their spyware works and you can't use a competitors sim card.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/09/samsung-galaxy-s-ii-now-shipping-for-100-in-america-on-alask/

icemunk

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
[citation][nom]dalethepcman[/nom]Or they could have released a non carrier branded model and sold it directly to the consumer, or to smaller cell providers. I live in Alaska, and one of our cell providers was the first company to launch the Galaxy S2 in the united states. How you ask, because they sold the unlocked international version.Its not "testing" that has to be done on the big carrier phones, its ensuring their spyware works and you can't use a competitors sim card.http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/09 [...] -on-alask/[/citation]
It's too bad unlocked are illegal in the USA now.

[citation][nom]icemunk[/nom]It's too bad unlocked are illegal in the USA now.[/citation]
Except that they aren't. The act of unlocking is illegal, but purchasing a phone which is unlocked from the start is perfectly legal.

jla0

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
[citation][nom]robochump[/nom]Bah, was hoping the BB CEO sent the memo via iPhone. lol. Besides that the BB 10 will be slow to adopt since it requires enterprises to upgrade the BES server. Currently for my company it is not cost effective to do so unless free upgrade which I will be shocked if the BES upgrade is not offered at a significantly reduced price or indeed free.[/citation]

Huh it is free to upgrade to BES 10. Or ditch it and use ActiveSync if you want with Exchange.

g-unit1111

Titan
My contract is up in March - I like Android way more than iOS but I'm always looking for alternatives. I'll be checking out the Blackberry Z10 and the Nokia Lumia 920 (Windows Phone 7) when my contract is up.

shqtth

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2008
I would get this phone but FIDO here in Canada only offers 2 year contract and wants $350 :( on the other hand other companies offer this phone for $140 to $150 with 3 year. So how could the 3rd year take over $200 off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS