News Blacklisted China chipmaker SMICbecomes the world's second-largest pure-play foundry by revenue — outsells GlobalFoundries and others

phead128

Proper
Nov 2, 2023
SMIC becomes the world's second-largest pure-play foundry as it eclipses GlobalFoundries and UMC, but this is only true if you exclude Intel and Samsung.
Intel and Samsung are not pure-play foundries, they are IDMs.

So SMIC is the 2nd largest pure play foundry, and just behind TSMC, Samsung, and Intel in logic foundry. That's impressive.

May 13, 2024
Intel and Samsung are not pure-play foundries, they are IDMs.

So SMIC is the 2nd largest pure play foundry, and just behind TSMC, Samsung, and Intel in logic foundry. That's impressive.
Inte is on the list I think this is some sort of corporate division thing and/or they have the capacity to do non Intel chip production. I've worked for Texas Instruments, and that is not on the list but is a very big one. As I recall, at the time I worked there, we did not have the capacity to do all the chips we wanted and contracted out to TSMC.

Feb 1, 2024
100 percent fabricated! It's all a ploy for more foreign investment. It's not gunna work. Their ponzi scheme is starting to crumble.
you are correct. the myth that is the western "free market" capitalism is drying up and being shown for what it is, a Ponzi scheme to favor US tech by using (tax-payer subsidized) military and government might to manipulate the global economic market under the fabricated pretense of "national security". Anyone with at least 1 working brain cell is seeing the hypocrisy of the West in action and rejects it.