Question Blackout Killed Computer?

goldenpie6

Reputable
May 1, 2018
So, last night there were 4-5 different power blackouts in my area due to heavy rain. After the first one, however, my computer stopped turning on. The motherboard lights aren't coming on (they're usually on when the PSU is on) and pressing the power button does absolutely nothing. I've only really tried holding the "clear cmos" button on the backpanel for about 10 seconds so far. Did the blackout damage my system? What components could it have damaged and how could I test for them?

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
So, last night there were 4-5 different power blackouts in my area due to heavy rain. After the first one, however, my computer stopped turning on. The motherboard lights aren't coming on (they're usually on when the PSU is on) and pressing the power button does absolutely nothing. I've only really tried holding the "clear cmos" button on the backpanel for about 10 seconds so far. Did the blackout damage my system? What components could it have damaged and how could I test for them?
First cut the power switch off and back on that is on the back of the power supply.
If your using a surge protector turn that off and back on also.

TRENDING THREADS