[SOLVED] blacks screen crash

Mar 3, 2021
A couple days ago, I was streaming and playing league of legends.

Suddenly my computer screen went black, but i could still hear the audio - I turned the computer off and back on. Got the stream back up and finished playing the game without any issues. I believe this has happened one other time before - but i wasn't streaming. When i restarted the computer wanted to check the harddrive, but i just skipped it.

I cleaned out my computer dusted all the fans, cleaned the GPU to make sure there was No dust causing the issues. While I was just playing league my computer screen would freeze for a second, then go back and keep playing. I was using speccy and Radeon software to monitor me temps, and none of my temperatures got high at all.

More back story to my pc that might be helpful. Maybe 3 months ago i sent my GPU for RMA because i was having a stuttering issue. They sent me back a different GPU (same model). I added a NVME SSD and did a clean install of the OS onto the new NVME ssd, I also added a new CPU cooler.

A couple weeks ago i started to hear a whining sounds that I assumed was a fan. But today i cleaned my Computer and checked the fans but im still hearing the nosie.

I have tried to update drivers, and read countless forms I am at a bit of my whits end trying to figure out what is wrong with this stupid machine. HELP! plz.

Specs:

Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (version 1909)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 39 °C
Pinnacle Ridge 12nm Technology
RAM
64.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1465MHz (16-18-18-38)
Motherboard
Micro-Star International Co. Ltd. X470 GAMING PLUS (MS-7B79) (AM4) 31 °C
Graphics
ASUS VG249 (1920x1080@120Hz)
LG HDR 4K (3840x2160@59Hz)
8192MB ATI Radeon RX 580 Series (Unknown) 51 °C
Storage
931GB Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB (SATA (SSD)) 22 °C
931GB Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB (SATA (SSD)) 22 °C
465GB Western Digital WDC WDS500G2B0C-00PXH0 (Unknown (SSD))
PSU
EVGA 750 Gold - 3 years old

Last edited:
Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Your specs does not mention the make and model of your PSU. Include it's age as well. Which version of Windows 10 are you on? Might it be possible to see if using DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers and reinstalling the latest drivers, manually, in an elevated command?

Lutfij

Titan

Your specs does not mention the make and model of your PSU. Include it's age as well. Which version of Windows 10 are you on? Might it be possible to see if using DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers and reinstalling the latest drivers, manually, in an elevated command?

Solution
Mar 3, 2021

Ok, I updated the post. psu is evga 750 and its 3 years old. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (version 1909) . Tonight after work I'm going to try to use DDU to change my drivers and report back. thanks.

Mar 3, 2021

Installed 20.12.1 drivers and everything seems stable now. THANKS!