[SOLVED] Blackscreen after GPU upgrade and no onboard video output

Nov 8, 2019
I am trying to upgrade my Acer Predator G3-605s graphics card from a GTX 770 to Gigabyte RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING OC.
The system posts (one beep), but I immediately get a black screen afterwards.
I have tried to disable the integrated graphics as described here:
https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...-a-new-graphics-card-a-bit-of-a-noob.1356753/
However, I cannot access anything without my old graphics card (the output ports of the motherboard also give no signal).
I have also updated my BIOS, but that didn't fix the problem.

Specs:
CPU: i7-4770
PSU: FSP500-50AAGA (500W, 80+ Gold)

Last edited:
Solution
Thanks for the help, but I have found a solution. The PSU does not seem to be at fault here. Instead, it was a driver issue.
I started the system with my old GPU. In the device manager, I disabled the display driver for the GTX 770.
Then, I shut down the system and swapped to the new GPU. I boot up again, get a video output and install the new drivers.
Nov 8, 2019
Thanks for the help, but I have found a solution. The PSU does not seem to be at fault here. Instead, it was a driver issue.
I started the system with my old GPU. In the device manager, I disabled the display driver for the GTX 770.
Then, I shut down the system and swapped to the new GPU. I boot up again, get a video output and install the new drivers.

Solution