[SOLVED] Blackscreen after instaling new GPU

Nov 5, 2019
Hey guys!
It is my first time posting my problem on this forum. (btw I am german, so if my english is as bad as google translate, sry)

I need some help fixing this problem:
I am getting blackscreens after removing my GTX 750ti's driver with DDU ( in safe mode) and installing the AMD drivers for my new Sapphire Pulse RX580 (It is working on my friend's pc)
At first it is working fine with incredible perfomance, but after restart I am getting blackscreens (no signal) when I open things like AMD Radeon settings, a video, youtube (Google Chrome and Explorer). The GPU's fans are going 100% while the blackscreen happens.
I also once got a Radeon error something with "no OpenGL-context for
the format QSurfaceFormat (version 3.0...

Specs:

-Intel Core i7-4770K
-Asus NVIDIA GTX 750TI (old)
-Sapphire Pulse RX580 (new)
-ASRock Z87-Pro3
-24GB RAM 2 x 8192MB and 2 x 4096 all DDR3-1333
-ADATA S650
-a HDD (cant remember which on)
-BeQuiet 600W

I hope someone can help me.

Thank you for reading!

Solution
Eventually I did it !!! Thank you Fix_That_Glitch! After literally hundreds of forum threads of many different forums I found a single solution. :D
I checked every single error, then I found something out...
I remembered there was something with OpenGL. Then the error with "Faulting module name: igdrcl64.dll, version: 20.19.15.4531...

Win10 machine kept crashing while running After Effects, specifically when doing one particular task involving moving points on a curve around on screen. After Effects uses openGL with AMD graphics cards (which this particular machine has)
Tried the same thing on one of my other machines with NVIDIA cards and everything worked fine.
This module has something to do with openGL from the info I found...
Ok your gpu drivers are corrupted. Pull your graphics card and use intel graphics. Go to file explorer and search for Nvidia files, delete all Nvidia files you find. Then repeat this for all Amd driver files. Go to device manager and uninstall your graphics card. Restart. Then download new set of amd drivers and install them, restart. See if that helps.

Nov 5, 2019
Ok your gpu drivers are corrupted. Pull your graphics card and use intel graphics. Go to file explorer and search for Nvidia files, delete all Nvidia files you find. Then repeat this for all Amd driver files. Go to device manager and uninstall your graphics card. Restart. Then download new set of amd drivers and install them, restart. See if that helps.
Thank you for your reply, I deleted every NVIDIA and AMD files, I also checked with DDU there should be no files left. I installed the driver, but the the same still problem occurs. My pc froze, blackscreen, 100% fan speed.

I will try reinstalling Windows now,

edit: I installed a fresh new windows on my pc and tried to install the driver, but it stuck at 60% and my pc crashed again... blackscreen, fan speed at 100%

2nd edit: I "successfully" installed the driver, This time I tried to install Chrome. On Googles Websites were some animations, so it it crashed again, same problem.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2019
Have you tried using the AMD auto detect and install program? Maybe it can help. https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/radeon-rx-580
Sorry for replying so late I had to go to a wedding, so I had not time to check my pc.
I tried to install the driver with the auto detect, but it did the same thing again.

What should I look for in the Event Viewer? Is there anything specific I should look for ?

Edit:

2x Warning: Display driver AMDKMDAP stopped responding and has successfully recovered.
Error: S-1-5-21-902955130-1121525215-2512177279-1001 : failed determine if tiles are missing. error=Element not found.
2x Warning: Autopilot policy [AUTOPILOT_OOBE_SETTINGS_AAD_AUTH_USING_DEVICE_TICKET] not found.
2x Warning: Autopilot policy [CloudAssignedDomainJoinMethod] not found.
Warning: The DSM service was delayed by 28 seconds for a driver query/download/install on device 'PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C20&SUBSYS_D8921849&REV_05\3&11583659&0&D8'
Critical Error: "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

Error: The previous system shutdown at 22:29:26 on ‎06.‎11.‎2019 was unexpected.
Error: Driver install failed, result=0x8024001E for devnode 'HID\VID_24AE&PID_4005&MI_01&COL03\7&20917883&0&0002'

I removed the lan cable to avoid Windows installing it's driver.

PS: I installed my GTX 750ti again and it works fine, so I think the PCI-E slot should be fine ?
This week I will let my friend check the GPU again and I will try to install his GTX 1060 6 GB

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2019
I installed the new BIOS Version, this time I could install the driver up to 88% but then an error occured. AMD Settings responded with "Default Radeon WattMan setting haven been restored due to an unexpected failure."
I wanted to start Computer Management, but blackscreen again...
After Restart It happens 3 times again. When I want to look at AMD settings, it's window is blank.
Then I tried using Youtube again. It works! But after stopping the video, the blackscreen happened again... :(

Nov 5, 2019
Eventually I did it !!! Thank you Fix_That_Glitch! After literally hundreds of forum threads of many different forums I found a single solution. :D
I remembered there was something with OpenGL. Then the error with "Faulting module name: igdrcl64.dll, version: 20.19.15.4531...

Win10 machine kept crashing while running After Effects, specifically when doing one particular task involving moving points on a curve around on screen. After Effects uses openGL with AMD graphics cards (which this particular machine has)
Tried the same thing on one of my other machines with NVIDIA cards and everything worked fine.
This module has something to do with openGL from the info I found searching all around the net. I updated Windows, updated the AMD drivers, all the while checking to see if this DLL had been updated. It had not.
Why wouldn't AMD update these DLLs ?

I went into the BIOS, enabled the onboard graphics (it was buried under some crazy options), ran the Intel driver update.

What do you know, there was a new version of the DLL!!!

So far, now, no crashes. ^^

All this work just because of a single DLL -.-
Now I have to install everything again xD

Solution

This module has something to do with openGL from the info I found searching all around the net. I updated Windows, updated the AMD drivers, all the while checking to see if this DLL had been updated. It had not.
Why wouldn't AMD update these DLLs ?

I went into the BIOS, enabled the onboard graphics (it was buried under some crazy options), ran the Intel driver update.

What do you know, there was a new version of the DLL!!!

So far, now, no crashes. ^^

All this work just because of a single DLL -.-
Now I have to install everything again xD
Once again a single line in a program kills a pc. Glad you tracked it down. This is why it is so hard to troubleshoot a pc.