[SOLVED] Blackscreen after putting ram

igngr7

Prominent
Nov 26, 2021
hello, i need some help.
So i bought a 4gb ddr3 on 1600mz
and i have another one from another company on 1333mz, my motherboard supports up to 1333mz
so when i put the new stick in it showed that i have 8gb but 4 of them are system reserved, so i googled how to fix that and i went into msconfig and boot options and i put max memory to 0, now when i boot the pc shows a blackscreen with a laggy cursor, i tried starting in safe mode, but its also laggy and cant put my password in.

Solution
hello, i need some help.
and i have another one from another company on 1333mz, my motherboard supports up to 1333mz
so when i put the new stick in it showed that i have 8gb but 4 of them are system reserved, so i googled how to fix that and i went into msconfig and boot options and i put max memory to 0, now when i boot the pc shows a blackscreen with a laggy cursor, i tried starting in safe mode, but its also laggy and cant put my password in.
update: i fixed it, i cleaned the ram slots and that seemed to fix it

igngr7

Prominent
Nov 26, 2021
update, i fixed the boot problem, but now it still says 4gb hardware reserved, i tried using only the new stick without the old one, and it doesnt seem to boot at all. any help?

igngr7

Prominent
Nov 26, 2021
hello, i need some help.
update: i fixed it, i cleaned the ram slots and that seemed to fix it

Solution