[SOLVED] Blackscreen

Feb 27, 2019
I keep getting blackscreen when i alt tab from a fullscreen game. audio is still playing but i can not do anything to get it away, only solution i have is to turn the computer off and on again.

Specs:
ASUS GeForce GTX 970 4GB Turbo
Intel Core i7-6700 Skylake
MSI Z170A PC MATE, Socket-1151
Kingston Value DDR4 2133MHz 16GB
Corsair VS550 550W KPC Bulk Edition

Solution
check your event logs (ctrl panel/admin tools/events viewer) and check to see if your gpu driver died when you alt tab'd out.
If it did die, try installing a fresh version. or if it is the new driver, switch back to a driver you found stable.
you could also try waiting a minute or 3 to see if the driver restarts. or the system starts responding again.

lastly make sure you installed the redist* files that are often shipped with the game but sometimes dont install due to a similar file already existing on your system...

*vcredist often will be skipped if an old version is found.
check your event logs (ctrl panel/admin tools/events viewer) and check to see if your gpu driver died when you alt tab'd out.
If it did die, try installing a fresh version. or if it is the new driver, switch back to a driver you found stable.
you could also try waiting a minute or 3 to see if the driver restarts. or the system starts responding again.

lastly make sure you installed the redist* files that are often shipped with the game but sometimes dont install due to a similar file already existing on your system...

Solution
Feb 27, 2019

Thanks This helped :D