[SOLVED] Blade & Soul FPS only between 10-20, no matter the graphic settings

Aug 19, 2019
I know my laptop is by far not one of the best, but I think it should work a little better than that.
Here's everything about it :
Graphics Chipset
AMD Radeon(TM) Vega 8 Graphics
CPU Type
AMD Ryzen 5 2500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx
DDR4 ; 4 GB
Working on Windows 10 and I have the latest drivers installed.

Is my laptop simply unable to go higher than that or do I have another problem? It's weird especially when there's no difference in FPS between low-end settings and 4-5 on graphics...
Please help me. I don't have a lot of computer knowledge, so please don't judge too harshly. I have tried changing the AMD settings, but it doesn't help.

Solution
When fps doesn't change even after lowering settings, that usually points to the cpu(overheating?).
But in your case, there's also the ram. 4GBs is simply too little - sure, 4GBs meets the game's minimum ram requirements(3GBs), but that only accounts for the game.
The OS, and other programs use that ram as well. You need to bump it up to 8GBs.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
When fps doesn't change even after lowering settings, that usually points to the cpu(overheating?).
But in your case, there's also the ram. 4GBs is simply too little - sure, 4GBs meets the game's minimum ram requirements(3GBs), but that only accounts for the game.
The OS, and other programs use that ram as well. You need to bump it up to 8GBs.

Solution
Aug 19, 2019
Thank you. I will do that as well.
As for the CPU, is there anything I can do to make it work smoother?

Aug 19, 2019
Also, what brand do you recommend for the RAM? Is Crucial ok?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Also, what brand do you recommend for the RAM? Is Crucial ok?
If you cannot afford to buy a new 2x 8GB kit of ram, the next best bet is to try and purchase an identical stick to the one currently in your system.

Ram is guaranteed to work in the form sold. Ram that was mixed, even if the specs are identical, may still fail - but has the highest probability to work together.
Crucial should be fine.

Aug 19, 2019
If you cannot afford to buy a new 2x 8GB kit of ram, the next best bet is to try and purchase an identical stick to the one currently in your system.

Ram is guaranteed to work in the form sold. Ram that was mixed, even if the specs are identical, may still fail - but has the highest probability to work together.
Crucial should be fine.

I added another 4GB one, albeit better than the one in my system rn. I couldn't afford anything higher than that lol. Even with 8GB in total, it works way better. It can't go past 45-50 fps and sometimes it drops to 20 for a few seconds, but overall it's better. I'm satisfied with it like that until I can save some money and get more RAM. Thanks a lot!