[SOLVED] Blakc screen for a couple minutes before boot SSD

hi2011090536

Reputable
Nov 6, 2017
So I am so lost. I'm worried the problem Is my gpu. A new ssd isn't a problem. I'd like to upgrade to an m.2 anyway but a gpu, I can't afford a new one let alone something better.
Here's my issue: I turn on my pc and it stays at a black screen for a couple minutes, sometimes it puts my cursor there and other times it doesn't. Then it finnaly goes to the windows 10 login screen. After that it works just fine and everything is as fast as it has always been. It's an older toshiba ssd so I'm thinking maybe it's dying? But I'm also worried about it being the gpu and that's a harder problem for me. It's an RX580 8gb, sapphire nitro+.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and I'm willing to try anything and this point.
Oh and yes I've tried reinstalling windows lol.
I dont have any other ssd to test unfortunately.
I can provide any other info as requested.
Thank you for reading

Asrock Z390 Taichi Ultimate
Intel i7 8700k
Corsair vengeance 16gb
Sapphire nitro+ RX580 8GB
Toshiba 128gb ssd BOOT
2tb hdd
500gb hdd

Windows 10 21h1

Last edited:
Solution
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

If you are able to access BIOS then set the boot process to be as verbose as possible. What verbose means is that during boot up BIOS reports or otherwise presents/displays what POST is doing and the subsequent results.

Ralston18

Titan

If you are able to access BIOS then set the boot process to be as verbose as possible. What verbose means is that during boot up BIOS reports or otherwise presents/displays what POST is doing and the subsequent results.

Reactions: hi2011090536
Solution

hi2011090536

Reputable
Nov 6, 2017
wo

Updated post, I dont get off work for a couple more hours but i will certainly try that tonight

hi2011090536

Reputable
Nov 6, 2017

I ended up getting an m.2 1tb drive for Christmas, Installed windows to that and just manually brought over files from that ssd and it works like a charm. Thank you!