Question Blank BIOS (only BIOS)

Apr 2, 2023
Motherboard: A55BM-K
CPU: AMD A8-6600K (quad-core @4.2GHz)
RAM: 8GB dual-channel
GPU: Gigabyte WindForce OC (with AMD R9 270 2GB @975Mhz).

I know it's all pretty old lol.
Anyways, since I installed the GPU, the BIOS doesn't display, unless I reactivate the integrated graphics option from BIOS (by unplugging the card, so I can actually access the menus). Windows does load and display just fine, only the BIOS remain in black, with no error message(s) whatsoever. I already flashed the BIOS with the latest update, by the way.

What can I do? Any more info I could provide?

The problem is, I will eventually need to enter the BIOS, so I can boot from a pendrive and check stuff in case of a system failure. It would be a shame if I had to remove the GPU everytime this happened.

Motherboard: A55BM-K
CPU: AMD A8-6600K (quad-core @4.2GHz)
RAM: 8GB dual-channel
GPU: Gigabyte WindForce OC (with AMD R9 270 2GB @975Mhz).

I know it's all pretty old lol.
Anyways, since I installed the GPU, the BIOS doesn't display, unless I reactivate the integrated graphics option from BIOS (by unplugging the card, so I can actually access the menus). Windows does load and display just fine, only the BIOS remain in black, with no error message(s) whatsoever. I already flashed the BIOS with the latest update, by the way.

What can I do? Any more info I could provide?

The problem is, I will eventually need to enter the BIOS, so I can boot from a pendrive and check stuff in case of a system failure. It would be a shame if I had to remove the GPU everytime this happened.
Monitor plugged in GPU ?

Apr 2, 2023
"did you try resetting the BIOS when you could access it with the integrated graphics ?"
Yes, and BIOS is set to PCI-E.

"Monitor plugged in GPU ? "
Yes. VGA output is disabled, unless I re-enable it from BIOS (xD)

"what Gen card are you trying to install on what Gen motherboard ?
are they compatible ? "

I don't understand this question. If it helps, everything WITHIN Windows, works just fine. Works with everything I've thrown to it except for a particular Minecraft shader (though it's known for being glitchy on AMD devices).

Last edited: