Blank blue screen on windows 8

Ineedhelpdood

Reputable
Apr 29, 2015
After I updated my video card driver things, whenever I turn the computer on it gives me nothing but a blank blue screen. I use windows 8, can anyone fix this?

Ineedhelpdood

Reputable
Apr 29, 2015

How do I get into safe mode, all there is is a blank blue screen with no mouse and my keyboard doesn't seem to do amything

reboot the machine, press shift+F8 or F8 while the system is trying to boot.
I think if it fails to boot for 3 times it will start in safe mode.

when you get to safe mode uninstall the graphics drivers, reboot back into safe mode and install them again.
Next time before you install a graphics driver, reboot first. the graphics vendor and the version of the graphics driver that microsoft will install have different install methods. Microsoft's version installs the driver on the next boot of the system. If windows update tries to install a graphics driver and you run the graphics driver setup from the vendor (AMD or nvidia)
the vendor will install the current version, then when you reboot the microsoft version will overwrite one of your graphics drivers. This leaves you with a mixed build of drivers and various problems. (blank screen being common on the reboot)

Ineedhelpdood

Reputable
Apr 29, 2015

Alright ive discovered something interesting, everything is fine, but the display is far left of my monitor. For example whenever i open google chrome, it opens just fine, but it's not on my screen, i have to cast my mouse into the left of the screen, click, and hope i come back with the page. It's really werid, how do i fix this?