[SOLVED] Blank blue screen when trying to install Windows

atsikan

Prominent
May 17, 2019
Yesterday bought a new motherboard after my old one died and tried to install windows on my SSD since I found out I was missing some windows files, but instead of usual installation I was prompted with a blank blue screen after which in about a minute PC shut down. So I bought a new usb stick to see if that was faulty, but same thing happened. I tried the rufus tool also, only to see same result, both in usb 3.0 and 2.0. Secure boot, fast boot and CSM disabled.

PC specs:
Asrock b450m steel legend board
Ryzen 5 1600 cpu
Gigabyte rx580 gpu
2x8gb corsair vengeance pro 3600mhz
Samsung 870 evo qlc ssd
Seasonic 650 focus+ gold

Solution
I sourced the Rufus tool from a windows support ticket that had a similar issue and I did try the media creation tool on both of my USB sticks, however this issue on my pc got fixed by simply disabling XMP profile on my RAM. Problem solved for now.

Lutfij

Titan
How did you source the installer for the OS? You should be fabricating your bootable USB installer for Windows 10 using Windows Media Creation Tools.

What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? Try making sure CSM is disabled and secure boot is disabled as well. How old is the PSU in the build?

atsikan

Prominent
May 17, 2019
I sourced the Rufus tool from a windows support ticket that had a similar issue and I did try the media creation tool on both of my USB sticks, however this issue on my pc got fixed by simply disabling XMP profile on my RAM. Problem solved for now.

Solution