Blank dispay

G

hello,

Just bought new asus motherboard M4A78T-E. Everything was working great after install. I was using my 8800gt connected to my monitor with a dvi connector. Tried connecting my hdmi from motherboard gpu ati 3300 to my tv. I did not get any display. I checked bios and discoverd that the video card was disabled. I enabled it and rebooted. The tv dispay worked but there was no sound. I checked my hardware settings and all volume controls on tv and computer but still no sound.

This is where i made the big mistake.... I disconnected the hdmi from the computer while it was connected to the tv. Now i can not get a dispay on any of my equipment. The computer seems to boot fine and i can here windows log in with no beeps. Then i tried numerous connections with both monitor and tv. Here is the list i have tried so far.

onboard graphics card
1. hdmi to tv
2. hdmi to monitor
3. dvi to monitor
(tried all configs with 8800 connected and disconnected)

8800 connection
1. dvi to monitor (my normal configuration)

i have tried to hit delete and get in bios but still have a blank screen. I also rebooted each time and removed power.

I appreciate any assistance.

G

Try pulling the video card, pull the CMOS battery. Boot without Video card installed using any of the onboard ports. This should set the board to a default display, since it is not showing even the BIOS screen it would not be a Windows setting.