blank dvd+rw wont burn on my cd rw drive win7 lenovo.

DSzymborski

Titan
Would need more details about what your drive is -- it sounds like you're trying to burn a DVD on an old drive that doesn't burn DVDs. You'll probably get better answers if you provide more details of what the problem is and what the hardware is, but you've only given us the barest scraps to work from!

t53186

Distinguished
Why are you saying it is a CD-RW.

Bottom line is you need compatible discs to go in whatever type of burner you have. SO if you have a DVD drive you need find out what type of blank discs it can burn, It could be -rw or +rw or both, but if the drive can only burn a -rw disc don't put a +rw disc in there, it won;t work.

As far as burning downloaded movies, depends on what software you are using and ir they are pirated or legit copies with DRM.

stephanovich4

Prominent
Mar 1, 2017

stephanovich4

Prominent
Mar 1, 2017
ok! lets try this one more time.My floppy drive on the outside is written cd-rw. But my( d:) drive is dvd rw. ,when i put a dvd+rw in floppy my icon will switch to dvd rw,the same for a cd-r,its very confusing! and it will burn on a cd-r but i dont want that. i need to burn an mkv movie to dvd and i have a converter to change to whatever. i dont think a cd-r will play on a dvd player.Sorry but im trying bto make sense here. maybe its easier to buy an external drive! help again please,thanks. steph.

DSzymborski

Titan

This tells me precisely nothing that can aid me in helping you. I wish you good luck in resolving your issue!

t53186

Distinguished

ME 2

TRENDING THREADS