Blank grey screen?

Sooner2000

Reputable
Oct 3, 2015
Hi folks, I'm here with a question. I've got my pc build up and running (been running for a month) and this afternoon something has occured. The screen has crashed to a light grey screen, and I can't input anything on the keyboard! When I gave the computer a hard reset, the bios menu pops up, but quickly changes to this light grey screen after a couple seconds. The blank screen stays on for a short period of time, and then my monitor goes into sleep mode because it detects no signal... don't know what's going on!

Specs:

CPU: I7 6700K
GPU: Sapphire R9 390x
16 GB DDR4 RAM
Gigabyte Z170-HD3 mono
EVGA 850W PSU

Solution
remove gpu from system and plug to onboard video and if monitor have signal if it is you will need to check if power cable from psu are on in the gpu and is fan spin that report ok then you need to gpu in anothersystem .

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
remove gpu from system and plug to onboard video and if monitor have signal if it is you will need to check if power cable from psu are on in the gpu and is fan spin that report ok then you need to gpu in anothersystem .

Solution

Sooner2000

Reputable
Oct 3, 2015
Hi guys. I restarted my computer and it booted up fine. After about an hour, the screen went black, apart from 2 or 3 icons on the home screen. I shut it off. Returned to it an hour later, and the grey screen upon start up has returned. I noticed that the GPU fans are not spinning.

Catalyst is running