[SOLVED] Blank screen/acpi bios error

Caitsith56

Commendable
May 4, 2017
Hi guys, wondering if anyone can help me on this, my partner's mother came to me with her laptop saying it had just gone blank, figured it might be a loose connection to the display, turns out I dont have the silly small torx screwdrivers I thought I had so couldn't check. Hooked it up to a secondary display and it's stuck in a loop of trying to boot into recovery then hitting acpi bios error bsod. Won't let me into the bios to see if anything has changed, can't open it to see if anything has come loose and I'm running out of ideas. Any help would be fantastic, cheers

Solution
Well the recovery part could be simply to the fact it had issues booting or display and whoever had the laptop kept shutting it off and on currupting OS files.

Could be a failed motherboard. If the external display works when it first boots you can try replacing the drive and doing a clean Windows setup on it. Probably won't fix the screen issue though, those are almost always hardware related, bad screen, bad connection, motherboard issue.
Well the recovery part could be simply to the fact it had issues booting or display and whoever had the laptop kept shutting it off and on currupting OS files.

Could be a failed motherboard. If the external display works when it first boots you can try replacing the drive and doing a clean Windows setup on it. Probably won't fix the screen issue though, those are almost always hardware related, bad screen, bad connection, motherboard issue.

Solution