[SOLVED] BLANK SCREEN AFTER BIOS UPDATE

Jun 26, 2021
MSI B450 TOMAHAWK, AMD 2600, RAM 2X8 GSKILL TRIDENT Z 3200, GPU 1070 GIGABYTE. I WAS PERFORMING BIOS UPDATE THROUGH DRAGON CENTER. AFTER THE UPDATE FINISHED AND MY PC RESTARTED I HAD BLACK SCREEN. I REMOVED THE BATTERY AND I SHORT CIRCUIT THE PINS SO THAT I CLEAR CMOS.

Solution
MSI B450 TOMAHAWK, AMD 2600, RAM 2X8 GSKILL TRIDENT Z 3200, GPU 1070 GIGABYTE. I WAS PERFORMING BIOS UPDATE THROUGH DRAGON CENTER. AFTER THE UPDATE FINISHED AND MY PC RESTARTED I HAD BLACK SCREEN. I REMOVED THE BATTERY AND I SHORT CIRCUIT THE PINS SO THAT I CLEAR CMOS.
It's not uncommon for a Windows-based BIOS update to go awry. Luckily, that board has a BIOS Flashback button so you can fix a corrupted BIOS update when this happens.

Follow the instructions in the below video precisely. Even to the point of ensuring the filename is all uppercase letters. If that doesn't work, contact MSI tech support as your board is probably still in warranty and they can help.

And one other thing: don't update BIOS to one for a 5000...
It's not uncommon for a Windows-based BIOS update to go awry. Luckily, that board has a BIOS Flashback button so you can fix a corrupted BIOS update when this happens.

Follow the instructions in the below video precisely. Even to the point of ensuring the filename is all uppercase letters. If that doesn't work, contact MSI tech support as your board is probably still in warranty and they can help.

And one other thing: don't update BIOS to one for a 5000 series CPU unless you're going to upgrade to one. It might work...but it's not supposed to.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU7ZMmSmu20

Solution