Blank screen after cloning OS drive to Samsung 850 Evo (migration)

ManuKnife

Reputable
Jul 26, 2015
[strike]I recently bought a 250GB 850 Evo from Samsung, installed it today to replace my aged OCZ Agility 120GB SSD. All went well with cloning everything from what I can tell although after booting from the new 850 Evo I quickly realised that for 1, it was taking a much longer time than it should for windows to start (logo screen) and 2, after logging in there was a black/blank screen for roughly 30-45 seconds. I let it run for a while and even tested the drive to make sure it was working at it's full capacity and sure enough it was, I checked my BIOS to make sure everything was set-up properly and it's all right from what I can tell. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.[/strike]

Also, as a side note, after cloning there have been random milli-second long command prompt appearances and disappearances, I checked that windows update was disabled and none of my programs should be causing this from what I know. I also scanned my drive for malware just in case and nothing.

Forgot to mention, I'm on Windows 7.

Edit: After a bit more research I found that strangely my phone being plugged in now effects its boot time though my flash drive doesn't.
The command prompt is still an issue though.

Solution
We normally discourage cloning drives because you very often run into issues. My only suggestion would be to backup your data and perform a fresh install of the OS.

TRENDING THREADS