Question blank screen after installing GPU

Flowwid

Prominent
Apr 22, 2019
I just got gtx 750ti today and it should work on my mother board but idk why i dint.
my spec is:
-16GB ram
-motherboard pcie 2.0
-psu 500w
-480gb ssd

at first i tought my psu couldnt handle gtx 750ti, but the funny thing is there "American megatrends" pop up just like what my pc did even before there is gpu. My brother said that logo wont pop up if any of your hardware are damaged even psu. but after that logo pop up it took about 1-2 minute to turn into blank screen. Keep in mind i already place all my hardware correctly, i can jump to windows 10 normally if i remove the gpu. So i think there is a problem on my bios (maybe) please i need help ASAP

motherboard pcie 2.0
-psu 500w

What's the MODEL NUMBER/make/brand of both the motherboard as well as PSU ? Do you have the latest BIOS version installed ? Does your Motherboard has support for onboard/integrated graphics as well, so that you can try booting the system, without the GTX 750 Ti ?

Which brand's GPU is that (MSI, ASUS, Gigabyte, Zotac etc.) ? Does the video card require any external PCI-E connectors ? List your CPU's model as well.

Last edited:

Flowwid

Prominent
Apr 22, 2019
What's the MODEL NUMBER/make/brand of both the motherboard as well as PSU ? Do you have the latest BIOS version installed ? Does your Motherboard has support for onboard/integrated graphics as well, so that you can try booting the system, without the GTX 750 Ti ?

Which brand's GPU is that ? Does the video card require any external PCI-E connectors ?

Motherboard:ECS h61h2 m12 v.1
psu:Be quite! 500w

My dad gave me this pc except the gpu, so i belive my dad never update the bios and yes, i havent update the bios either. Yeah i can boot without my gpu to windows 10 with intergrated GPU

If you can download without the GPU, do that, since your GPU might not work even after the BIOS update. Still, you can try it with the GPU if you want, maybe the BIOS update will fix the problem by itself. In case just the BIOS update doesn't fix it, install the drivers without the GPU.
Just curious, my experience with NVIDIA driver installer is, it will not install the drivers without a compatible graphics board installed.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
Just curious, my experience with NVIDIA driver installer is, it will not install the drivers without a compatible graphics board installed.

Yup, that's correct. If no discrete GPU is detected on the system, be it AMD or NVIDIA, then the driver installation progress won't continue. Even after we install the GPU, the OS won't recognize the card, unless the drivers are installed. It will just show as "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter", under the "Device Manager" settings.

Last edited:
Right, my bad, you can't install the drivers without the GPU. If the BIOS update doesn't work, you should put the GPU back in, boot the system and let the black screen stay there for about an hour or so. It could be possible that Windows is installing the drivers automatically in the background, so how much time it takes will depend on your internet connection. Here's a case where apparently waiting for the drivers to install themselves worked:

Flowwid

Prominent
Apr 22, 2019
Yup, that's correct. If no discrete GPU is detected on the system, be it AMD or NVIDIA, then the driver installation progress won't continue. Even after we install the GPU, the OS won't recognize the card, unless the drivers are installed. It will just show as "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter", under the "Device Manager" settings.
iam installing driver for my gpu. i dont really think this would help but after this i will update my bios

Flowwid

Prominent
Apr 22, 2019
wh
Right, my bad, you can't install the drivers without the GPU. If the BIOS update doesn't work, you should put the GPU back in, boot the system and let the black screen stay there for about an hour or so. It could be possible that Windows is installing the drivers automatically in the background, so how much time it takes will depend on your internet connection. Here's a case where apparently waiting for the drivers to install themselves worked:

what do you mean? wait about an hour just waiting for my gpu installation? i mean it could happend because when my monitor screen went blank my keyboard is working fine i tested it by pressing caps and numlock, i know keyboard have nothing to do with with my pc but that mean the screen doesnt freeze because if it freeze my keyboard wont working at all... i mean who knows ill try this out but if this aint helping idk any more

Flowwid

Prominent
Apr 22, 2019

well sadly it aint working... i guess i should buy another mother board

Flowwid

Prominent
Apr 22, 2019
Did you update the BIOS?
No. No I don't. Iam trying to but I don't have any idea it said something like locked, I need to pull something on my motherboard but I can't see the part that I need to pull, this motherboard is old for sure the chipset is H16 if iam not mistake? And I just read that a dude has the same motherboard as me and ofcourse same problem... I hope I can buy another motherboard soon, and please if you know motherboard that support
-intel core i7 GEN 3
-Ram DDR 3
-And GTX 750ti
Please let me know the name of the motherboard if you know, thank you

boju

Titan
Ambassador
The question was asked if you're using the correct video port, id like to ask again to be sure. You did unplug the vga cable from motherboard and plug it directly to the 750Ti?

if the card has hdmi, try test it on a tv if you have one.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
No. No I don't. Iam trying to but I don't have any idea it said something like locked, I need to pull something on my motherboard but I can't see the part that I need to pull, this motherboard is old for sure the chipset is H16 if iam not mistake? And I just read that a dude has the same motherboard as me and ofcourse same problem... I hope I can buy another motherboard soon, and please if you know motherboard that support
-intel core i7 GEN 3
-Ram DDR 3
-And GTX 750ti
Please let me know the name of the motherboard if you know, thank you

Any z77 motherboard or any motherboard made by Asus, Asrock, Msi or Gigabyte supporting your processor.

What 3rd gen cpu do you have?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
You know... A 3rd gen intel motherboard not able to support 750Ti is beyond ridiculous. 10 series Nvidia still run on LGA 775...

I would get in contact with ECS for answers. Or it is the graphics card that is at fault. But seeing you reckon someone else had problems on the same board then i would give this brand the flick.

Flowwid

Prominent
Apr 22, 2019
You know... A 3rd gen intel motherboard not able to support 750Ti is beyond ridiculous. 10 series Nvidia still run on LGA 775...

I would get in contact with ECS for answers. Or it is the graphics card that is at fault. But seeing you reckon someone else had problems on the same board then i would give this brand the flick.
This should be enough right?
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-H81M-S2PH-rev-10#ov

TRENDING THREADS