Question blank screen after installing GPU

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Flowwid

Prominent
Apr 22, 2019
I just got gtx 750ti today and it should work on my mother board but idk why i dint.
my spec is:
-16GB ram
-motherboard pcie 2.0
-psu 500w
-480gb ssd

at first i tought my psu couldnt handle gtx 750ti, but the funny thing is there "American megatrends" pop up just like what my pc did even before there is gpu. My brother said that logo wont pop up if any of your hardware are damaged even psu. but after that logo pop up it took about 1-2 minute to turn into blank screen. Keep in mind i already place all my hardware correctly, i can jump to windows 10 normally if i remove the gpu. So i think there is a problem on my bios (maybe) please i need help ASAP

Flowwid

Prominent
Apr 22, 2019
That's up to you. Sorry I wouldn't know what's available to you second hand or how much. All i can give advice on is buy a board compatible with your cpu that is made by Asus, Asrock, Gigabyte or Msi.
but before that i was wondering if my gpu dint work/broken. but when i start the pc it show "american megantrends" logo and my brother said that if that logo pop up it mean none of my hardware are broken

Flowwid

Prominent
Apr 22, 2019
If 750Ti gave an image at post then it's working.

If this is so then there's nothing wrong with your motherboard dude, the graphics card is probably at fault. Can you try another card?
yes i can. But when i turn on my pc there is no rig show up, never show up

boju

Titan
Ambassador
yes i can. But when i turn on my pc there is no rig show up, never show up

But you said you see "american megantrends" logo which is during post, what do you mean there is no rig show up?

Unless you mean no display after that then it certainly could be the video card. Try another.

If a video card was not compatible at all you would get nothing not even american megantrends logo.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Which 750Ti model do you have?

Most 750Ti's don't need an auxiliary 6 pin to power it, im wondering if yours could have and missed it?

6551_07_asus_geforce_gtx_750_ti_2gb_oc_edition_video_card_review.jpg

Flowwid

Prominent
Apr 22, 2019
Which 750Ti model do you have?

Most 750Ti's don't need an auxiliary 6 pin to power it, im wondering if yours could have and missed it?

6551_07_asus_geforce_gtx_750_ti_2gb_oc_edition_video_card_review.jpg
i plug the 6 pin. Anyway i know why my screen went blank and show american megatrends for only a while, it because of my motherboard, i think my 750TI is not compatible with my motherboard and i checked gpu stuff in bios and there is nothing helpful and there is no option for external gpu... And btw i went to my cousin house just to check to my gpu is it dead or not and its not dead at all it can boot to windows10 right away, so iam sure i need to buy another motherboard

TRENDING THREADS