Blank Screen at Startup

gjt86

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007
I recently built a new system and all is well for the passed few months and even now. I try to keep my stuff as clean as possible, so today I unplugged everything and decided to dust the insides off. I didn't touch anything but the Video Card to take it out and clean the fan in it. I used nothing but a can of air duster and as far as i know I was grounded the whole time. Well now upon booting it back up, I get one short beep but no display, no mobo splash, nothing. Fans and HDs seem to be working and all is well but no display. I checked the mobo manual and there is no listing for the beep commands. Need serious help with this as I think it can be fixed and I don't believe I messed anything up.

Mobo: M3a78 Pro
CPU: Phenom 9850 BE
GFX: 512 Geforce 9800GTX+
PSU: 650W Coolermaster Real Power Pro
Ram: 2x 2GB G.Skill 800

gjt86

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007
Decided to take the video card out and hook up the monitor to VGA onboard, but I cant even get to the BIOS to set it to onboard instead of PCI-E. However when starting up with no video card installed, I still get one short beep, but still no display. Any ideas?

gjt86

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007
Yes, the Power connector is connected firmly. And is seated the best I can get it as far as I know. I'm starting to wonder if its not the VC, because like i said when i took it out, I still have the same problem. Also tried different monitors.

gjt86

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007
Ok i have no clue wtf I did, but i got it to post now finally but got something i never seen before...At the POST tab load up screen - It had a warning message saying too many cold boots or something of the matter along with saying it could be due to cpu being incorrectly overclocked. Press F1 to resume. I resumed of course, but is this just because I kept turning the pc on and off to retry the display? BTW i do not overclock at all atm so I am thinking it could be just because i kept going on and off. Will keep you guys posted, sorry for the bad writing, been up all night and now this.