Question Blank screen booting into Windows 10 after BIOS

d_chew

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2011
I am getting a black screen consistently upon each reboot. The blank screen appears after the motherboard BIOS logo (Asrock) in this case and spinning circle disappear. It would hold blank for 7-10secs or more before fully logon into Windows 10.

I have run sfc /scanow. I have tried to boot into Safe mode with networking. Uninstall graphics adapter/driver. After uninstall, it prompted me to reboot. This time the reboot was quick, no more blank screen. Upon logon, I have to reinstall the driver. After driver is installed, it prompted me to reboot again. I click reboot, this time blank screen not present. However, subsequent reboot, the blank screen just come back.

I am using AMD Radeon 570 4GB. Currently using 20.9.1 version AMD driver which is the latest.

Please let me know if you know any sound solutions to this. I don't feel like reinstalling Windows.

d_chew

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2011
I bought an off the shelf PC called aftershock impulse two years ago, i5-8400. It looks similar to this.
Aftershock Impulse

I am pretty sure not a psu issue as I can play games for long hours without issue and stress test the gpu card as well with cinebench.