Question Blank Screen (LED on) after BIOS screen ?

Jul 17, 2021
Yesterday, I could still use my PC just fine but after booting up today it just goes blank display after the BIOS screen. The monitor works just fine without any problem. I don't remember doing any updates yesterday but I had one two days ago. I tried forcing my PC to go on automatic repair by restarting it several times but the screen is still blank.

My processor is an AMD A10 7860K
My mobo is MSI A68HM - E33 V2

Jul 17, 2021
Try disconnecting the HDD/SSD and then turn the computer on. Do you get an error message or a blinking cursor on the screen?
Is the monitor LED amber/yellow or some other colour ?

I disconnected the HDD and tried to boot without the HDD and it redirects to UEFI shell. I don't get any blinking cursor nor amber/yellow screen. The colour of the screen is just plain black as if you chose the background of windows booting up but without the windows also it's not actually booting up.

Pimpom

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
The amber colour refers to the power indicator LED, not the screen display. Amber indicates a standby condition when the monitor is not receiving any signal from the computer. Other colours (white, green etc) indicate that it is communicating with the computer even if the screen is black.

Is the HDD detected in BIOS?

Jul 17, 2021
The amber colour refers to the power indicator LED, not the screen display. Amber indicates a standby condition when the monitor is not receiving any signal from the computer. Other colours (white, green etc) indicate that it is communicating with the computer even if the screen is black.

Is the HDD detected in BIOS?

Ohhh I thought you're pertaining about the screen. But like what I originally said, the monitor turns on but the screen is just blank with the display still on but just a black background. The power indicator in the monitor is on and the colour is the same as when it works. After troubleshooting a couple of times and checking the BIOS it seems that my windows os, for some reason, isn't found in the boot options anymore. But my HDD is still recognized by the motherboard.

TRENDING THREADS