Blank screen, Mobo or Cpu issue?

Aug 29, 2018
Hi guys, this is kinda long as I want to be as thorough as I can but I'll also try and keep it brief. So I started having issues with my computer blue screening alot and then eventually rebooting as soon as it passed the bios. I came to the conclusion that the os (win 10) was corrupted and I thought I'd do a clean install.

When I attempted to sort it out, the pc seemed to power up but nothing was displaying on the screen and my keyboard wouldn't light up as it usually would indicating it was functioning. I decided to take it apart, clean, thoroughly reassemble and try again, same thing and this time the back fan wasn't working. I tried it on a different monitors, using different display cables and connecting directly to the mobo rather than the gpu but to no avail. So I tried to test the psu, it blew and a bought a new one. Same issues.

At this point I figured it was definitely the mobo as in my eyes the USB ports and the display ports weren't working but I hadn't considered the cpu. So I bought a refurbished version of the same mobo I have.

I just finished installing it today and some of the same issues are occurring. All of the fans inside are spinning including the case fan that wasn't before but still nothing is displaying on the screen and the keyboard isn't coming on or functioning either. So now I'm at a loss. I think the problem is with the cpu but does that really affect whether the USB ports are function so that the keyboard isn't working? Or is the issue with the mobo again or both? Any response would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: as requested my specs:

MOBO: GIGABYTE Z97X-GAMING 3 INTEL Z97
CPU: Intel I5 4670
GPU: Gainward GeForce GTX 770
RAM: HyperX Fury 16gb (4x4gb) ddr3
PSU: EVGA 750 GQ
1x 250 gb ssd
1x 2TB sshd
1x cpu fan

Hi,
First take the memory out and see if you get beeps (need pc speaker),

if beeps
test with another PSU (borrow one if possible)

no beeps: issue with PSU / CPU / MOBO

test with another PSU (borrow one if possible)

then the tricky part is to detect problem with mobo or cpu: in most case it is the mobo and needs to be replaced.

Aug 29, 2018
Thanks for the responses. Just an update: I have removed nearly all connections from the mobo. The only thing connected to it are the psu, the psu fan, the tiny cables powering the on/off and reset buttons on the front panel and a couple of the ram sticks of which I've tried taking a couple out. When powered up, the exact thing happens which is nothing will come on the screen and the pc will restart after about 6-8 seconds. I'd attributed this to the os being corrupted so that the pc was failing to start properly but the drives aren't even connected.