blank screen/monitor not detecting display

darkengu69

Honorable
Jun 28, 2013
I'm currently having a problem and it happens randomly, but I have my pc set to turn off display after 45 minutes so when I'm going to sleep and watching something on my pc the display doesn't stay on. It will then normally go to sleep unless a program like mumble or games keeps it from sleeping. But my problem is that occasionally that when it doesn't go to sleep and the display gets turned off when i try to wake the display the monitor does not detect a signal just a blank screen and my power light stay orange(meaning no signal to the monitor)

Here are my system specs all drivers and firmware are updated to latest stable builds except i believe my ssd and my bios http://pcpartpicker.com/p/U1Ei

hongarian

Honorable
Oct 12, 2013

I have the exact same problem in windows 8 and looking at the forum I think this type of question has been asked numerously with the same answer such as {"driver reinstall", "switch GPU", "cable check", ""windows key+P}. Which, to people sounds like logical troubleshooting procedures, and so I have done all those.
I have the on board GPU (ATI HD-something-D) and currently switched to a HD5670. Single monitor worked smoothly with windows 8, but not dual display. Randomly on startup, nothing (not even the post, since I enabled the windows 8 BIOS, yea they renamed it... to wait 5 seconds) will show. After waiting for a random amount of time though, one would come on with the welcome screen (much later then it actually come up, as if using the single monitor).
I have installed latest catalyst and driver, but then switched back to 12.0 since some forum had suggested compatibility issue with newer ones. None of the driver update would actually solve the problem.
I could use Windows + P to enable my DVI after the login, but that itself has a randomness of working or not. Sometimes I will have to unplug.
Again, if you are tempted to tell me to check the list of things I mentioned, don't. And if you want me to check on other forums, I will. But make sure you attach a link because it gest hard to find. So many had asked the same answer and I have read at least 10 of them now.