Blank screen, no beeps, no POST until complete unplug

tarkan_

Reputable
Aug 2, 2015
Hello everyone,

I'm having a wired problem with my new setup, sometimes the computer refuses to boot, no POST, no beeps, the fans turn on, disks start to spin, but no display in the screen (black screen, normally the screen is supposed to display "No signal" it stays in standby).
A temporary fix is to unplug the power cord of the tower and the display, wait 1 to 2 minutes, plug the tower and power it on, when it starts reading the disks (HDD led active) I put back the power cord of the display.

Here is my computer setup, the issue happened few times with the old hardware setup, unfortunately, the BIOS of the old setup became faulty so I've upgraded the motherboard and the CPU:
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 => AMD Athlon X4 860K
ASRock G41M VS3 R2.0 => FM2A58M-VG3+ R2.0
MSI nVidia 9800GT.
Samsung 1TB SATA.
2*2GB RAM Silicon Power.
450W PSU.

Before switching, I've borrowed a motherboard from a friend to make sure that all my hardware was okay. After receiving the new AMD and it's corresponding motherboard I've setup everything then booted, but nothing happened. After a lot of retries (switching RAM, testing other RAMs, trying just the essential hardware) the computer finally booted but I'm having the issue I'm describing above randomly.
One of the theories I had is that it's the PSU not giving enough power or the graphics card nearly out of order. In both ways, I don't imagine that it's possible to have random successful boots and sometimes not.

I hope that you guys can help me with this issue, thanks in advance.

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 => AMD Athlon X4 860K
ASRock G41M VS3 R2.0 => FM2A58M-VG3+ R2.0
Do you reinstall OS? or just plug in the HDD with OS used for the intel pc? If you don't reinstall the OS, you will have the problem like you got right now. Because you change the MB you have to reinstall the OS again.

tarkan_

Reputable
Aug 2, 2015

Forgot to mention that ^^ , backuped the hard disk then installed Windows 8.1 using an USB UEFI bootable (that I've used on my laptop also) the install worked just fine, even after all the reboots I had during the install.