Question Blank screen when enabling Virtualization in BIOS

Sep 6, 2022
I have recently upgraded my hard drive from 1TB HDD to 1TB SSD (M.2). I clone my hard drive using Macrium Reflect (Free version). Before I started to clone the hard drive I updated BIOS (HP F.30 03/15/2022) and updated my drivers I also ran tests for Errors or corrupt files anywhere in the drive. Once that was verified I started cloning my HDD to SSD since both my drives are the same storage space I placed the partitions in the exact same place on the SSD as they are in the HDD. The cloning was successful and I am now able to boot from the SSD instead of the HDD. After the cloning was completed I ran a series of tests to verify I had no corrupted files and updated BIOS again just for good measures. I removed the HDD and kept only the M.2 SSD and still, everything is working fine. Where I am having the problem is NOW that I am on an SSD M.2 when I ENABLE Virtualization from BIOS and save the settings the computer will NOT boot up I will only get a BLANK screen it will not reach BIOS nor Windows Boot. In order for me to get the computer working again, I have to remove the M.2 SSD and reinstall the HDD turn on the computer then it catches the BIOS, turns off (disable) virtualization then I can boot from my SSD once again.

Any advice or wisdom that can be shared would be deeply appreaciated

When using the HDD I had virtualization enabled which allowed me to use Oracle VirtualBox.
when enabled on SSD I get a blank screen with no ability to boot into BIOS or Windows MBR

Computer: HP
Motherboard: HP 8582
Version: 21H2 (build 22000.918)
Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 3200U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx, 2600 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date: AMI F.30, 3/15/2022
Original HDD: WD 10EZEX SATA 6Gb/s
Upgraded SSD: Kingston NV1 1TB M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe Internal SSD Up to 2100 MB/s SNVS/1000G

Sep 6, 2022
That is what I thought as well however in order for me to get virtualbox to work even on the original HDD I had to have virtualization enabled on my bios. The error code I get based on my understanding wants me to enable VIRTUALIZATION in my BIOS

Here is the exact error I get from VirtualBox

Failed to open a session for the virtual machine
Not in a hypervisor partition (HVP=0) (VERR_NEM_NOT_AVAILABLE).
AMD-V is disabled in the BIOS (or by the host OS) (VERR_SVM_DISABLED).
Result Code: E_FAIL (0x80004005)
Component: ConsoleWrap
Interface: IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}

Well then, much as you probably don't want to have to do it, since you have the HDD still to get anything off if you need to, I would try doing a clean install on the SSD instead and see if you have the same problem when you enable virtualization.