[SOLVED] Blank screen with 7GB of RAM installed?

Sep 10, 2020
Hello, I have a Lenovo Thinkcentre m57(9181) and have problems when I use specific ram configuration. The PC turns on, the fan spins, but it's blank screen The photo will explain which configurations work and which not.
RAMPROB.png

All the memory is DDR 2. The colored slots are showing which slots are primary and secondary.

For me is a bit strange why the computer works when using the 5GB configuration, but it won't work with the upper 7GB configuration. Is there any way to make it work with 7GB. The sticks I have right now are 2x2GB 667MHZ, 1x2GB 800MHZ, 1x1GB 800MHZ and 4x1GB 667MHZ. Any help is appreciated. Sorry for my bad English.

Extra note: When using the upper 7GB configuration after I resetted the CMOS, it works only to set the time and additional settings in BIOS, then it goes blank screen when turned on.

Another extra note: I will try to boot to OS with the upper 7GB configuration without BIOS SETUP.

Solution
So even with that odd amount of memory, my REAL question is what I'm doing wrong.

Again it worked with 5 gigs on the same order with frequencies, but why it won't work when it is with 7 gigs. The two pairs are the same frequency(2x667; 2x800), even they are the same brand(Samsung and Adata).

Forget the odd memory amount and show a fix for this(if there's any).
If you are using XMP or whatever equivalent there was back then, those kits are running at different frequencies, which might be a problem.

iiSlashr

Reputable
Mar 10, 2019
Why on earth are you using an odd amount of RAM? Standard is 4/8/16/32/64/128, and DDR2 is nearing 3 generations old. You should also NEVER mix RAM kits, try and stick with using one kit (ex. one 4GB kit or two of the same 4GB (2x2GB) kits.

Sep 10, 2020
Why on earth are you using an odd amount of RAM? Standard is 4/8/16/32/64/128, and DDR2 is nearing 3 generations old. You should also NEVER mix RAM kits, try and stick with using one kit (ex. one 4GB kit or two of the same 4GB (2x2GB) kits.
I have this amount of ram at the moment. I will search for more later but for now I'm sticking with this.

Sep 10, 2020
So even with that odd amount of memory, my REAL question is what I'm doing wrong.

Again it worked with 5 gigs on the same order with frequencies, but why it won't work when it is with 7 gigs. The two pairs are the same frequency(2x667; 2x800), even they are the same brand(Samsung and Adata).

iiSlashr

Reputable
Mar 10, 2019

If you are using XMP or whatever equivalent there was back then, those kits are running at different frequencies, which might be a problem.

Solution
Sep 10, 2020
Ok, I will see if there's any setting about this in the bios. Also. I will soon buy another Ram stick and hope that it will run properly,