Blank screen WITH signal but no POST - GTX 1070Ti - any help appreciated

Jul 14, 2018
Hi All,

I have almost the exact same issue but different hardware.

Ryzen 5 2600X
GTX 1070Ti
ASUS X370 mb
16gb DDR4 Corsair RAM 2400hz

Ive been having crash issues a lot since getting it a month ago. I seemed to have it sorted by dialing down overclocking and checking voltages carefully, and its been running stable for Oculus games and all else for the past couple of weeks.

I installed a utility this morning to up the supersampling for oculus games and give them unique profiles.

It had a few other features, such as stop usb from sleeping to prevent sensor dropouts (not that I was having any) . its called 'oculus tray tool' and i found little common errors in forums for the product so think the issue is deeper hardware or software driver related.

I played a game for 5 minutes (nothing taxing on the hw) but with supersampling set to 1.5.

The machine showed a blank screen, and crashed.

Now - it boots up, and HDD is active, and I have heard windows sounds from the oculus headphones when mashing the keyboard. So OS is up and good. Also there IS a signal to the monitor, but the screen is blank and there is no POST when booting. It also remembers the numlock state through reboot, so i'm not to worried about cpu, mb or other issue. And i did a lot of other things before realising HDD was working and windows was up.

I have tried every single thing from forums to diagnose possible hardware issues - here is the list

- remove video card, try internal card - result - no signal at all to monitor, all else fine
- CMOS reset - result - no change
- remove ram, try with individual sticks to rule out errors - all fine
- checked another monitor and cable - same result - but it did mention the res, which was set at 640 * xx - which seemed odd

Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated - just downloaded a whole bunch of games I am keen to try.

Thanks

Jul 14, 2018
Hi, thanks for the quick response.

But alas, I have tried using the internal graphics, and there was no response or signal from the monitor. This issue appears more subtle.

I also am not able to get into bios - post does not display -

This rules out driver issues or windows patches (to my mind but I could be wrong)

I am thinking this may be a warranty repair - just posting here in the hope of a gem I have missed in a very great deal of troubleshooting today. I have been working in tech support for 20 years, and have not come across something like this I couldn't solve.