[SOLVED] Blank screens on Toshiba L350-203 laptop

Sep 4, 2019
Greetings,

I hope someone can throw some light on a rather unusual problem withe the above laptop:

Some time ago the laptop started freezing with a blank screens. At first it was only occasionally but became more frequent over the time to a point when it now does so within just a few minute or two of logging on or restarting the laptop .
The screen turns mostly white or blue (NOT BSOD), sometimes black and very occasionally pinkish red.
There is no such problem when I run the laptop on battery power only - with the mains supply physically disconnected from the laptop.
The odd thing is that it also runs perfectly in the Safe Mode.

To reiterate:
Laptop OK in a Safe Mode (with battery and mains power connected)
Laptop OK in a Normal Mode on batter power only (with mains power disconnected)
Laptop only freezes when in a Normal Mode, with mains power connected to the laptop.
Removing battery makes no difference.
(No problem with recharging the battery)

Kind regards
Mike

Solution
SOLVED!

I found the solution on another, less prominent but considerably more helpful forum.....
All that was required was to disable the two entries under 'Processors' in the Device Manager!

I now, once again, have a perfectly working laptop running Windows 10.
I hope it may help somebody else.

Just to add how surprised and disappointed I am to see so many unanswered posts in this forum!

Regards
Mike
Sep 4, 2019
Greetings,

I hope someone can throw some light on a rather unusual problem withe the above laptop:

Some time ago the laptop started freezing with a blank screens. At first it was only occasionally but became more frequent over the time to a point when it now does so within just a few minute or two of logging on or restarting the laptop .
The screen turns mostly white or blue (NOT BSOD), sometimes black and very occasionally pinkish red.
There is no such problem when I run the laptop on battery power only - with the mains supply physically disconnected from the laptop.
The odd thing is that it also runs perfectly in the Safe Mode.

To reiterate:
Laptop OK in a Safe Mode (with battery and mains power connected)
Laptop OK in a Normal Mode on batter power only (with mains power disconnected)
Laptop only freezes when in a Normal Mode, with mains power connected to the laptop.
Removing battery makes no difference.
(No problem with recharging the battery)

Kind regards
Mike

Hi,

With over 130 views and not a single reply, can I assume that Toms's Experts are as baffled as I am?

The only explanation I can think of is that at least one of the components which are deactivated when in the Safe Mode, are also made inactive when running on battery power only (mains power disconnected from the laptop).

Anybody???

Kind regards
Mike

Sep 4, 2019
SOLVED!

I found the solution on another, less prominent but considerably more helpful forum.....
All that was required was to disable the two entries under 'Processors' in the Device Manager!

I now, once again, have a perfectly working laptop running Windows 10.
I hope it may help somebody else.

Just to add how surprised and disappointed I am to see so many unanswered posts in this forum!

Regards
Mike

Solution