[SOLVED] My display randomly goes blank white or black but the background is still running

Mar 20, 2023
Hi Guys!

I'm currently having a weird issue with my Display lately and still trying to figure out what's causing this
My display randomly goes blank white or black but the background is still running (video, audio etc.)
Turning Off the Monitor and unplugging its power cable and holding power button for 10seconds solves the problem Temporarily.
But the issue still comes back after a couple of minutes.
  • Issue sometimes happen when booting up after BIOS to Windows
  • Issue not happening in Safe Mode
Monitor: SpecterPro 27GX 1080p
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600g
GPU: RX 6600 XT
PSU: Corsair CW550
Mobo: ASROCK B450M Steel Legend
RAM: TForce Delta 2x8GB DDR4 3200Mhz

Things I did:
  • Tried using Internal Graphics only and its still happening
  • Tried clean reinstalling drivers (DDU) same with Discrete GPU only
  • Disabled Internal Graphics and used the Discrete GPU only (REG)
  • Installed Adrenalin and PRO Edition (separately by DDUing)
  • Reseated GPU and tried all the DP Ports available
  • Reseated / Tried the other 6+2 pin
  • Bought New Display Port Cable (from 1.2 to 1.4)
  • Power Options to Best Performance
  • Disabled Hardware Acceleration
  • Lower my Refresh Rate from 144hz, 120hz, 100hz to 60hz
  • Scanned for Malwares & Virus
  • Updated to Latest Bios
  • Undervolting
  • Upgraded from Windows 10 to 11
  • Checked for corrupted files - CMD sfc /scannow
  • RMA'd my monitor - they tested and used my monitor for a week (Found no problem)

Hope someone can help me

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2023
Do you have any external items plugged in to pc other than keyboard and mouse?

I tried running without my 3.5mm jacks (speaker & earphone splitter)
And it seems solves the issue but I'm still observing. Been doing good for 2hrs now but without any audio lol"

Is there anything that needs to be updated if this is the case? Or the mobo is unfortunately faulty?

Last edited:
I tried running without my 3.5mm jacks (speaker & earphone splitter)
And it seems solves the issue but I'm still observing. Been doing good for 2hrs now but without any audio lol"

Is there anything that needs to be updated if this is the case? Or the mobo is unfortunately faulty?
What you could do is go into device manager and line by line click on each item and check for any driver update. Tedious yes but can't hurt. Do you have any bios selections changed by you or is your bios just running on unchanged settings?

Mar 20, 2023
What you could do is go into device manager and line by line click on each item and check for any driver update. Tedious yes but can't hurt. Do you have any bios selections changed by you or is your bios just running on unchanged settings?

Ok will do that. When I updated my Bios to latest version, I just loaded the default settings after its done nothing else.
I've tried only plugging my earphones and after around 20-30mins it went blank screen.
Now I unplugged them both and still running for another 2hrs.

Mar 20, 2023
These 2 got updated in Device Manager
• Ports (COM & LPT) > Communications Port (COM1)
• System devices > Pci Bus

I'll try to observe further without the speaker & headphones just to be sure. Then try plugging them 1 by 1

Mar 20, 2023
UPDATE: It went blank white screen again both without my speaker and headphone plugged-in
Temporary Solution 2: If I press WinKey + D, my display goes blank black from white, then I turn off my monitor and back on. (WEIRD)

WinKey + Ctrl + Shift + B won't work though

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2023
It could be your gpu is acting up. Do you have access to another gpu for testing? Maybe a friends or an older gpu sitting in the closet? That way you can rule in or out the gpu itself as the problem.

I moved to a new place and Unfortunately, I barely knew ppl or nearby friends to test this with lol
But I doubt its the GPU since its also happening when I only use my Integrated Graphics

Reactions: Nathkrul
I moved to a new place and Unfortunately, I barely knew ppl or nearby friends to test this with lol
But I doubt its the GPU since its also happening when I only use my Integrated Graphics
Ah yes I forgot you did try onboard graphics. Have you tried using one stick of ram at a time? Also under computer management, event viewer are there any events/critical events listed to coincide with the screen going blank?

Reactions: LandgrisTV
Mar 20, 2023
Ah yes I forgot you did try onboard graphics. Have you tried using one stick of ram at a time? Also under computer management, event viewer are there any events/critical events listed to coincide with the screen going blank?

I haven't tried using one RAM stick at a time and event viewer yet. Will do that. Thanks man

Mar 20, 2023

Already done trying with one RAM stick at a time and the issue is still there.
I'm currently working on the Event Viewer and there seems to be alot going on lol. Will try to resolve these Events one by one

Mar 20, 2023

Still no good I already ran out of options lol
I even bought a new monitor's AC Power Cable because I saw that there's some black spots inside (burnt maybe?)
The Event ID errors were also not related to the issue I'm experiencing, timestamps we're kinda off to assume.

I felt like this is some kind of power issue? Since it somehow temporarily resolves just by unplugging the monitor's power cable

Still no good I already ran out of options lol
I even bought a new monitor's AC Power Cable because I saw that there's some black spots inside (burnt maybe?)
The Event ID errors were also not related to the issue I'm experiencing, timestamps we're kinda off to assume.

I felt like this is some kind of power issue? Since it somehow temporarily resolves just by unplugging the monitor's power cable
It is weird because you said it does not happen in safe mode. That points to an application that is now not running in safe mode (maybe). What programs do you have in startup?

Mar 20, 2023
It is weird because you said it does not happen in safe mode. That points to an application that is now not running in safe mode (maybe). What programs do you have in startup?

Ohh I forgot to mention my bad.
2 days ago, I was on safe mode and I left my PC on idle and when I came back for about almost an hour, it happened.
That's why I thought this could be a hardware issue and bought a new AC power cable.

I really feel that this could be either my monitor or the motherboard

Startup Programs: (currently not in Safemode)
View: https://imgur.com/a/MaFpTvs

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2023
What you could do is install hwmonitor and check your voltages usually at the top of the graph. See if you have any low or high readings. While using the computer, and monitor them if you can right before it turns black or white. I know it is random so good luck. https://prnt.sc/IFHhgbrlKq80

I think I already found the culprit. It is really my monitor all this freaking time lol (time to RMA again..)
Luckily tested it with my neighbor's display monitor on duplicate display and only my monitor blanks out.

Thank you for helping me these days man I really appreciate it! Kudos to you

Reactions: Fix_that_Glitch
I think I already found the culprit. It is really my monitor all this freaking time lol (time to RMA again..)
Luckily tested it with my neighbor's display monitor on duplicate display and only my monitor blanks out.

Thank you for helping me these days man I really appreciate it! Kudos to you
So much for the company that certified your monitor works ok.😕

Reactions: LandgrisTV

Latest posts