Blaster PC uses Shuttle HOT-661 motherboard

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
For those of you who wanted to know. I tried the latest HOT-661 BIOS on mine, it worked fine but did not support the onboard Live Platinum sound system. If any of you BIOS hackers wants to take a shot at applying the updates to the Blaster Board bios, take a shot at it and let me know the results. I'm looking for the 140 and 150MHz bus settings, and memory timing settings. Tried 140 and 150 with SoftFSB already, they worked good with that program.

Cast not thine pearls before the swine

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
Crashman - silly question:

Have you tried getting the FM radio tuner to work? When I try the Creative FM radio application (I've got the antenna hooked up to the back) I can't seem to tune the darn thing. When I click on the up arrow (up from 87.5 Mhz) it goes up to 87.6 and then just drops back down to 87.5. I've tried setting it down to "all stations" on the sensetivity, still no success.

Other than that its a great box. Cranked it up to 933 (as per your instructions) and its rock solid. Thanks again for the recommendation.

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The Tuner program sucks, but the radio does work. Once you get stations in, set them-using the preset butons is about the only way to move from station to station quickly. The front of the case houses one antena wire, the other sticks out the back. If you go to Radio shack and get a mono 1/8" jack, you can modify a shielded CD-Audio wire to connect to the radio, and connect the sheild wire to the ground on the outside of the 1/8" jack. Then use a 1/8" mono to cable adapter to connect to cable, if your cable provider transmits FM stations as many do.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
BTW, mine came with the Liveware disk but no motherboard disk-I downloaded the FM/Remote software from Empaq. Mine did not come with the system CD (with chipset and FM tuner software) so I had to use other CD's to get the chipset updates. Did yours come with the other (system, not the SB Live) CD? If it did, can you burn me a copy?