[SOLVED] Blind user Thermaltake PF1 850W order of connectors help please

May 14, 2021
Hello there,

I'd be really grateful for any help on this. I'm registered blind and building a new system with the Thermaltake Toughpower PF1 850W PSU. I've built systems before but the hardest part is getting to know a new product and figuring out its features especially when I'm not able to see diagrams in instruction manuals. Once I know what's there, I can do the rest by feel alone. My screen reader can read the text in user guides but is useless with diagrams.

I'm stuck with this one and would be really grateful if someone could list the order of the connector sockets on this unit from left to right, top to bottom? I'm just worried in case I start connecting incorrect cables and cause a short or surge sending too much power to the wrong device.

Thanks very much in advance.

Solution
If you can "feel" the connectors, you'll be relieved to know that all of the 8-pins are the same pinout. Any 8-pin can be used for PCIe or CPU power. Any 6-pin can be used for any SATA or PATA. And there's only one 18-pin and one 10-pin and those two combined are for the 24-pin cable.
If you can "feel" the connectors, you'll be relieved to know that all of the 8-pins are the same pinout. Any 8-pin can be used for PCIe or CPU power. Any 6-pin can be used for any SATA or PATA. And there's only one 18-pin and one 10-pin and those two combined are for the 24-pin cable.

Solution
May 14, 2021
If you can "feel" the connectors, you'll be relieved to know that all of the 8-pins are the same pinout. Any 8-pin can be used for PCIe or CPU power. Any 6-pin can be used for any SATA or PATA. And there's only one 18-pin and one 10-pin and those two combined are for the 24-pin cabl

May 14, 2021
Hi there,

Yes, I can feel the holes for the pins for each socket. Thanks so much for the confirmation and the rule of thumb. Much appreciated.

May 14, 2021
Hello,

One additional question related to this. I do not have any free USB headers on my motherboard (Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Master). The two USB 2.0 headers are taken up by my Corsair Lightning Node and Corsair Commander Pro respectively and of course the USB 3.0 headers are used by the case cables.

What would be the best way forward to provide a means of connecting the USB cable from the Thermaltake PSU? Just for completeness I probably can't use an expansion card as my graphics card takes up the first two PCIe slots and the third has my Creative SoundBlaster Z.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

One additional question related to this. I do not have any free USB headers on my motherboard (Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Master). The two USB 2.0 headers are taken up by my Corsair Lightning Node and Corsair Commander Pro respectively and of course the USB 3.0 headers are used by the case cables.

What would be the best way forward to provide a means of connecting the USB cable from the Thermaltake PSU? Just for completeness I probably can't use an expansion card as my graphics card takes up the first two PCIe slots and the third has my Creative SoundBlaster Z.

Thanks in advance.

I use one of these: https://www.nzxt.com/products/internal-usb-hub-3

May 14, 2021
Thanks very much. Managed to find one of these on Amazon - it always bugs me that as regards tech we seem to have far fewer stockists and availability of choice here in the UK than across the pond.

Thanks again, much appreciated :)